Thread: Trail Camera Problems

Trail Camera Problems

Looking to see if any one else has ever had issues with a Moultrie M-80 Trail Cam, mine just started acting up, I can set all the other function's on the camera except the time and date, when I power the camera off after making changes the camera will not hold the date and time, it automatically goes to 1/1/70, any input would help.

try taking camera and putting it in a BIG zip lock baggie, with a box of DRY WHITE rice, and close the bag up and leave it in there for about a week

AFTER that try again
    IF NO GOOD still, try taking cover of the back, and using a Q tip, and some rubbing alcohol, wipe down all solder connections with it , and even MAYBE try spraying it with some GOOD plastic SAFE CRC electrical contact cleaner

after that, try different brand of batteries and a different brand of SD card

IF this is a NEW camera, send back to Moultrie, BEFORE DOING THE ABOVE
    but I am guessing its long past this point!!
    I have had many brands of camera act up and the above has fixed MOST of them

dampness and moisture has a way of screwing with them??
    the rice helps remove that

IF you get NO where and want to TRY ONE last ditch effort
    I have heard of a few folks that did this??

pre heat an over to about 300 degree's
    get a cookie sheet, place a few layers of aluminum foil on it, place camera on it(battery/sd card OUT), place another two or three layers of Aluminum foil on TOP
    stick in oven for 6-7 minutes

this suppose to re set all the connections on the solder without, WITHOUT melting the plastic, you will SMELL plastic, but its NOT supposed to kill camera
    TRY AS LAST RESORT MAYBE??
    and I have Never done this, just known a few folks that have!! and CLAIM IT WORKS!
    so, at your OWN risk here on this one LOL

but a broken camera is just as bad as a melted one I guess LOL

Hey mrbb thanks for the info, not sure i will try the oven method but will give the other a try,LOL, cant say i ever baked a camera before. thanks again.

Thread Information