Thread: Team #2 check in here!!!!!

Hybrid View

I didn't get out Thursday evening, but the grandson and I will be going out Friday evening and I will be hitting one of my new spots Saturday evening.

I had a chat with my grandson and he said there ain't no way I'm going to shoot a small buck. In the blind tonight I heard a twig snap and I was pretty sure a deer was coming. I told him to get ready and he says I don't see anything and I said I don't either. I said look here you should see one in a few seconds. We have a 1 1/2 old buck we call forky. He is a fork horn with a tiny crab claw on the left side. I said oh it's just forky but you don't want to shoot him. he was shaking like a leaf and said let me shoot him. I said ok. Unfortunately he never gave us a good clean shot. He was close enough but no shot. It was at least a good experience for him and he learns what are good shot opportunities and what aren't. That was at least the first buck I saw on a hunt this year as well. Anyhow, I will be going to my new spot Saturday evening. Hopefully I will see some action there.

Thread Information