Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team #2 check in here!!!!!

Team #2 check in here!!!!!

ManOfTheFall checking in.

I'm here! Let's get it done!
    I live life at full draw....

I'm here. Went out for the first time yesterday morning, didn't see squat. If I'd have gone out Monday morning could have had a fat doe according to my camera.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Looks like I will be getting out Thursday evening and Saturday evening for sure. I will probably also get out Monday morning. I may or may not get out Thursday morning, it depends on work.

My next target day is either Saturday evening after my son's football, or Sunday morning...maybe both :)
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Whisker Biscuit
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

I'm gonna try to get my butt up out of bed early Saturday morning before work and make it to the stand. I think Saturday is going to be a good day to be on stand, after a warm week and then I think highs in the low-mid 60's...oh yeah! Checked my cameras today and last week whem it was nice and cool out, the deer movement definitley picked up. No shooters on camera yet but still have a lot of corn up. Anyways if I can't make it, Sunday is a for sure and maybe Monday.
    Last edited by zachc; 10-07-2015 at 11:49 PM.
    I live life at full draw....

We got some work to do zach. MOTF is crushing it so far. I figure a couple more weeks of killing does, then after Thanksgiving. So I need to kill something soon, lol.

Where you hunt at in Clermont County?
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Whisker Biscuit
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

Ted Nugent

Doe #3 down!!!!!. The arrow was soaked in blood from broadhead to nock. It was about 8:35 and I looked behind me and I saw 3 coming. The big one lagged behind a bit but it didn't take long before she was out in front of me. I let the arrow fly at 8:40. She ran about 30 yards and did a couple flips and I thought she was done. But, she got back up and ran about 20 more yards and did the staggering thing then went down. I took all my stuff down to the truck then came back up to get her and she was already dead. Here are a few pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails doe32015.jpg   doe320152.jpg   3doe20153.jpg  

I didn't get out Thursday evening, but the grandson and I will be going out Friday evening and I will be hitting one of my new spots Saturday evening.

I had a chat with my grandson and he said there ain't no way I'm going to shoot a small buck. In the blind tonight I heard a twig snap and I was pretty sure a deer was coming. I told him to get ready and he says I don't see anything and I said I don't either. I said look here you should see one in a few seconds. We have a 1 1/2 old buck we call forky. He is a fork horn with a tiny crab claw on the left side. I said oh it's just forky but you don't want to shoot him. he was shaking like a leaf and said let me shoot him. I said ok. Unfortunately he never gave us a good clean shot. He was close enough but no shot. It was at least a good experience for him and he learns what are good shot opportunities and what aren't. That was at least the first buck I saw on a hunt this year as well. Anyhow, I will be going to my new spot Saturday evening. Hopefully I will see some action there.

Thread Information