Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Team #2 check in here!!!!!

Went out yesterday morning and had a small doe running a creek bottom in front of me, never saw what was chasing her. Then when I got ready to get down, I had a shooter buck in the field behind me. I rattled him close, but not close enough. Not sure if I'll make it out this week, but I'll be at it hardcore next weekend. My dad is coming in from NC on Friday and we hit it real hard when he's up.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Just had a shooter buck within 30 yards but no shot opportunity.

I stopped by the farm to swap a camera card this morning and had a buck walking up the trail I walk in on. Slipped back around the corner and tried to guess where he'd come out at. He came out behind me at 20 yds and made me before I could decide if he was a shooter or get a shot. He turned and bounded away, didn't blow. Now I'm curious if he walked by the camera.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Whisker Biscuit
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Been slow since I saw that shooter earlier. I'm going to stick it out here and do an all day sit. I will keep you updated.

Good luck on that all day sit, highs near 70, I'll pass, lol. But you never know tis the season. I just got home a lil bit ago from my father in laws property. When I pulled in about 5:50 I had 3 does standing where I have to park. Parked the truck and got out, the whole time I was getting ready I could hear one of them walking around no more than 40-50 yards away. She would walk around a bit then start stomping then walk some more. Eventually I heard her jump off. I sat anyways for a bit, walked to the back of the property and rattled in a small 6 that snuck up 15 yards behind me. To small let him walk. Not sure when I'll get out next, prolly one day during the week depending on the weather.
    I live life at full draw....

Arrowed a giant at 5:45. Decent blood but I'm not sure of shot placement so I'm going back in the morning.
    Last edited by ManOfTheFall; 11-03-2015 at 12:12 PM.

After going over all the sign, the arrow, the little bit of blood, the ground we covered, and playing the shot over in my head and conversing with the tracker we came to the conclusion this deer is still on his feet. So as bad as I feel right now, I want redemption that much more.

I saw a lot of action in the morning just couldn't get anything close enough. I'm going Thursday morning and evening and Friday evening then all day Saturday.

This morning I only heard one about 15 minutes before shooting light. This evening I'm going back to where I sat Monday and hit that big one. I am fairly certain he is still alive. Haven't seen any buzzards and it's going on 3 days since I shot him. Hoping lightning will strike twice only this time I will be better prepared and ready!!!!!

Good luck, I'll be hitting it hard this weekend. Have to get through the next day and a half of work first.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Whisker Biscuit
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

Ted Nugent

Thread Information