Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Team #2 check in here!!!!!

Haha that's awesome. I never wanna shoot a small deer.... until it walks out in front of me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well it was a perfect morning...except the deer movement. This corn is killing me, lol. Unfortunately I was only able to stay out until about 9:30 or so but didn't see any movement. Could have filled the freezer with squirrels tho!! Sounded like world war 3 around me, they were running through every tree in the woods and had hickory nuts and sticks falling like bombs all morning. Anyways gotta work here in a bit but we'll give it another shot tomorrow and maybe Monday.
    I live life at full draw....

This evening I sat in my new spot I call the turkey stand. Well, I didn't call it that for nothing. I had turkeys walking past my stand. Then about 6:30, anywhere from 40 to 80 yards away they were flying up into their roosts. Although I didn't see a deer tonight this area has a lot of good sign and I think it will produce. My next time out will probably be Monday morning. After that it will be Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Back in the stand for trip number 2. Trail cam pics indicate a big Ole momma and a few yearlings move through around 9 most mornings. If they move today, momma going down.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Just like clockwork they strolled through...and just like my luck the wind started swirling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Whisker Biscuit
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by heelbilly View Post
    Just like clockwork they strolled through...and just like my luck the wind started swirling.

There is always the next time. Good chance you will get her.

Unfortunately I didn't get out Monday morning, I felt I needed the sleep. Next time out will probably be Thursday through Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTheFall View Post
    There is always the next time. Good chance you will get her.
    Four more steps is all I needed....

Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Whisker Biscuit
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

Ted Nugent

Been there done that many times. Friday evening all my grandson need was for the buck to step out from behind the branches but he turned and walked away.

Well that's a good start to the year at least right? And its good to see the cameras helping you out and in another month hopefully those does will be on the same patterns and have a nice big boyfriend following right behind them, lol.

As far as my morning today, good news and bad news....uhh I guess good news first: Despite wanting really badly to sleep in, I crawled out of bed, headed to my uncles (which I haven't hunted yet this year), and made it to the stand well before daylight. Apparently my scent control game is on point cuz at 8:30 I had a beautiful 10 pointer a good 130 class stroll through at 35 yards, directly down wind with 10 mph winds and he was oblivious that I was there. Now I (we) have been hunting my uncles property for 10-12 years and have tried to manage bucks year after year, passing on a WHOLE lot of small bucks for this one moment, all the practice in the off season, new bow and equipment, for sure shooter broadside 35 yards, everything is perfect, and guess what...I had to let him walk!!! Yeah I said it, I had to watch him walk away slowly out of sight. And why you might ask, that brings me to the bad news...after hunting the property for soo long, apparently my uncle has been getting some pics of a few Big bucks this year so as a result (and he has never told me this before) he tells me last night "Does only" and when I saw him this morning as he was pulling out for work, he smirks and says "Remember there's 3-4 big bucks out here and they're mine." Wtf!!!! I understand him wanting to kill a big one but 1) he mainly gun hunts and rarely bow hunts and 2) no one has put more preparation and time in the stand out there than me. But I didn't argue with him, his property his rules. Haven't ask my dad if he told him the same thing but I kinda doubt it. But I will tell you one thing for sure, I'll be damned if I tell any of them that I saw that big one this morning, or any big ones for that matter. Anyways I guess overall it was a good morning. Gonna go out tomorrow and adjust my stand behind the house and maybe try to slide out a day or two this week before work.
    I live life at full draw....

Thread Information