Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Team #2 check in here!!!!!

I'm going to give it a go in the AM. The wind isn't really favorable for any of my sets, but I can't kill them on the couch. Coldest morning of the year, so I'll be in the woods...may have to adjust on the fly and set up on the ground. Will update in the AM.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

I thought for sure I would at least see some this morning, but didn't see a thing. I'm going back out this evening to a different spot.

I saw 4 this morning, over 100 yds away. It was a doe and 3 yearlings. One of the other coaches told me at the football game today he had bucks chasing does this morning. None of that action where I hunt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Whisker Biscuit
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

This evening I set my camera up in a new spot before I got into the stand and I saw 2 coming towards me. They were 2 little ones. They were the only 2 I saw all evening.

This week it looks mostly like evening hunts. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings. I might be able to slip in a Tuesday morning and possibly Thursday morning hunts. I will keep you posted.

So I had to go out and move my stand behind the house today. Moved it around the tree last week, due to between about 8:15 to 9 there's 1 spot in the woods that the sunrise hits like a spotlight...and wouldn't you know it that is where my stand was. Well didn't help much moving it last week so I went in today and moved to another tree about 15-20 yards away. I'm thinking it looks and feels like a better set up but we'll see, only bad thing is I'm a lot closer to another stand than i want to be. Don't know if I'll get in the stand before I go to work any day this week but I might try.

Funny story of the night...the wife sat last night night in the blind set up by the feeder/food plots and saw a deer right at dark. So of course she wants to sit again tonight, which is cool with me. Well here's 7:30 and she's not in yet, 7:45 pretty much dark as sh*t outside and still nothing, now 8:00 rolls around and nothing, phone starts ringing and its her. Now I'm thinking to myself there's ko way she shot a deer cuz its been pitch black out for a bit now, answer the phone and here's what I got, "I need you to come out here and save me! There's coyotes right behind me and they won't go away! I've made noises and everything and they won't leave and I forgot a flashlight!" Me- "What? Are you serious?" Her- "Yes, come get me out of here!" So I grab a light and go out there, "Did you hear them howling?" Her- "No but I heard them walking" Me- "So you didn't hear them howling but you heard them walking so you know it was coyotes?" Her- "Well yeah, what else could it be!"... I just thought it was funny lol!
    I live life at full draw....

That is pretty hilarious.

Last nights sit was a bust. I only saw one on my way in. I may or may not get out this evening. I will definitely be out Thursday and Friday evenings for sure.

No luck Tuesday evening either. Next time out will be Thursday evening. It seems like the movement has just died here since it warmed up again. I'm hoping next week will be different. I start my vacation on the 29th and don't head back to work until the 14th.

My next target date is Friday. Gonna try a mid morning hunt, after I take my son to school and see what I can see.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Whisker Biscuit
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

Ted Nugent

Thread Information