Thread: Finally had my first sit on Sunday Night

Finally had my first sit on Sunday Night

In SE Ohio (Muskingum County) and have not been able to get out this year as I was working on a rental property that had new tenants scheduled to move in Oct. 1st. Finally made it out on Sunday night after pulling all my SD cards and adding some corn to the feeder. What a night! I never went more than 15 minutes from 6:15 until dark without deer in sight. I had 11 does and two button bucks walk underneath me and even videotaped one taking a drink out of the creek 6 yds. from me in my Tree Walker Climber. It was 72 degrees and I really did not expect that kind of action. I went home that night and checked my trail camera cards... 4 different shooters on camera. Really looking forward to getting back out now... but all the bucks on camera were at night....BTW... I never got busted and I was sweating pretty good. The wind was definitely working in my favor.

That's awesome. Had a decent morning hunt today. My buddy was in a stand a few hundred yards to the north of me and had 3 does come in and I saw em from my stand. Now hopefully I can get some action on my hunt this evening.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good luck. I will be trying to get my grandson his first tonight.

Hope he bags one

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the only deer we saw this evening were the 2 we almost hit driving to our spot. I will probably get back out Thursday morning then get the grandson back out Thursday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by mneal View Post
    In SE Ohio (Muskingum County) and have not been able to get out this year as I was working on a rental property that had new tenants scheduled to move in Oct. 1st. Finally made it out on Sunday night after pulling all my SD cards and adding some corn to the feeder. What a night! I never went more than 15 minutes from 6:15 until dark without deer in sight. I had 11 does and two button bucks walk underneath me and even videotaped one taking a drink out of the creek 6 yds. from me in my Tree Walker Climber. It was 72 degrees and I really did not expect that kind of action. I went home that night and checked my trail camera cards... 4 different shooters on camera. Really looking forward to getting back out now... but all the bucks on camera were at night....BTW... I never got busted and I was sweating pretty good. The wind was definitely working in my favor.
    Sounds like you might have a good year ay! Good luck. Let's see some pics, lol...
    I live life at full draw....

Sounds like a good start! Hope to start mine this wknd.

Thread Information