Thread: Opening Day Is Here!!!!!

Hybrid View

No, it's not the land owner. He allows 2 guys on his property and I'm sure I know which one it is.

I hate slob hunters that use your hard work to benefit them , its always been one thing that pisses me off
    I had that problem but ten times it, as I had about 10-20 guys a yr sneaking in to hunt my food plots, over thge 20 yrs or so I had them there I must have collected about 50 treestands, I always left a note on how to get em back, and left it saying IF they do, expect to be arrested for trespassing! LOL
    that and when your set up and some moron decides to climb a tree right next to you, or sit with in a few yards of you/ and they always seem to show up at prime time, when your expecting deer and they just ruin the hunt\

MY clasic encounter here was once on State land I hiked up a long mountain, left 2+ hrs before sunricse to get there long before it and have time for things to settle down
    was about 5 mile walk UP hill
    there was a large rock on the top, that offered a awesome view, was my planed spot
    at about 20 minutes after sun rise I see this orange dot walking towards me, and I KNOW ot seen me, as I too was in all orange ona BIG bolder on the top of a mt
    well guy just keeps coming right at me, stoppoing every 5 minutes to ?? or light up a smoke>??

then he gets right to me, and says this

HOW about we sit back to back
    you watch the front and I'll watch the back side??
    MAN I wish I could shoot people!
    I was like WTF< buddy, you just ruined my morning hunt, and now you want to sit next to me and hunt this way???
    SO, on that I made the 5 mile walk back down the MT pissed off and left for the day!
    I don't know what people be thinking
    I prefer to hunt ALONE, and do my best to see I don't encounter others, or hunt there spots
    seem's like common respect
    a quality I guess too many don't have!

Was out two days this weekend. Drew on a doe at 27 yds but she was quartering to me and I didn't feel like I had a clean shot. Later a momma and yearling circled around me, and winded me once they got downwind. Wouldn't have shot either of them but was nice to watch momma protect her young one. She snorted at me about 15 times. Didn't see me, just knew there was something there that didn't smell right. I'm a freak about scent control - don't smoke, scent free wash, dead down wind, etc... but with it being 64 degrees, I was a little sweaty from the hike in with a heavy pack. 2nd day - had face to face with a medium 7pt. I realized my stand was too exposed as he and I had a staring contest. He didn't spook ( i squinted so he couldn't make out my eyes) just stared and walked away. I couldn't have even lifted my bow let alone drawn, he would have busted me and ruined my stand. Not sure it's worth hunting as is anyway. The good news is I saw him using a trail I didn't know was there. "field research". All in all a good two days in the woods. Given that I had almost no trail cam pics this year - I was encouraged that I saw deer on each hunt! Nothing beats fall in woods!

Next time out for me will probably be Thursday evening. I will probably get some time in the stand on Friday and Saturday as well. This is the first real cool front we will be having so maybe the action will be better.

I'm hoping to get out over next weekend (Su-Tues). I've had a lot of crap going on, most of it bad and out of my control the past month or so. I could really use the tree stand therapy.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Good luck to you guys getting out this weekend. The season opens this weekend in PA but I wont be getting out for a few more weeks. I have to much going on and I want to wait for a few of the leaves to come down.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Who will all be hitting the woods in this first cool front? I am going to try and get out there this evening, and Friday and Saturday mornings.

Thread Information