Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening Day Is Here!!!!!

Opening Day Is Here!!!!!

Are you Ready????? I am!!!!!

I don't usually go out till the middle of October, weather permitting. Good luck to all those out today!
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

I was half tempted to go out as I was starting to see a pattern develop. I'm going to keep and eye on the trail cameras and most likely won't get into the stand till the middle of october.

Good luck.

I would have loved to be out this morning, actually turned out to be a nice morning. But my sister decided to plan her wedding for this holiday we call opening day, lol! So I will be going to it instead. But if everything goes right I will be in the stand early tomorrow morning...
    I live life at full draw....

Took my grandson out this evening and he had a nice doe come in. I gave him the green light when it was broadside at about 15 yards. He grazed the back of her front leg and the underside of her chest. Played it back on video and was able to capture right where the arrow was flying under her. I said he had buck fever and he said no I didn't, it was a doe, lol.

Walking into my stand this morning I heard at least 4 deer snort as I was passing through to the stand. I settled into my stand a little after 6. I had about 45 minutes cause legal shooting light was at 6:47. About 6:45 I saw a couple deer coming so I got ready. They both looked to be about the same size. They slowly made their way past me and I waited til I had a perfect quartering away shot. She was about 15 yards away and I let her have it. I looked at my phone to check the time and it was only 6:57. She kicked up her back legs and took off running down the hill. She piled up maybe 70 yards away in the back yard. I only had to drag her another 70 or 80 yards to the truck.

Can't ask for much more than that huh? That's awesome, kind of surprised no one else posted a harvest in here today. Was driving home this evening and saw a lil flatbed with a nice 8-10 pointer laying on the bed, nice deer prolly a 130 class. Be heading out here in about 5 1/2 hours to see what the morning holds...

Good luck in the morning. I am sleeping in then heading to church.

Was able to sneek to the stand quietly and was set, ready to hunt at 6:20. Well I sat in the pitch black until 7:10, between it being pretty cloudy and all of the canopy cover in the woods, you couldn't see anything until then. Great beautiful morning (a lil windy), everything went as planned except the deer movement, lol. Sat until 9 and didn't see/hear a single deer. Went out this afternoon and tucked the ground blind into a treeline that looks at my corn feeder. Primarily set it for the wife, hoping she'll be able to harvest her first deer! Looks good and gives her about a 20 yard shot so she should be good...I guess we'll see.

I will be heading back out Monday evening.

Thread Information