Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day Is Here!!!!!

The rain has been coming down in buckets. However, It is suppose to slow down then stop around 4. I am definitely going out this evening.

I saw one tonight at very last light. I'm pretty sure it was a young buck. Waited it out until he left the area. I didn't want to spook him.

I hope to get out Monday morning. It will be my first trip out. My son's football is right in the middle of the day on Saturdays so morning hunts are out. After the game, I was so cold and wet, I just wanted to sit in my recliner, cover up, and watch football.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Nice reading all the stories guys. Went out first day and soon remembered why I haven't hunted the last two years. Had the urge again this year so I gave it shot.
    Last edited by radicalxl; 10-04-2015 at 08:53 AM.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

Made it to the woods a lil late this morning. But as I was walking a big field FULL of saplings about 15-20' tall with paths mowed through (some public land), I did jump 2 does. 1 walked back and forth for about 10 minutes 20 yards in front of me. Unfortunately the saplings are so thick that I could not get a clean shot of I had to stay there and watch her walk around until she finally left. Stayed out until about 10:30-11 and didn't see anything else.
    I live life at full draw....

Unfortunately the only deer we saw this evening were the 2 we almost hit driving to our spot. I will probably get back out Thursday morning then get the grandson back out Thursday evening.

I sat yesterday morning and then in the evening and saw 4 doe all day but couldn't get one in range

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I had a little one in range earlier but the bigger one hung back. I'm going to sit here til 9. I worked all night. I wI'll go home and sleep a few hours then get back out this evening.

Big doe down at 8:40.

Congrats!!!!!
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information