Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up page for 2015-2016 Deer Hunting Contest!!!!!

This is the sign in page for the 2015-2016 deer hunting contest.

I will start this out. I am in!!!!!

I will bite
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I don't know let me think about it......Count me in!
    I live life at full draw....

One more and we can have 2, 2 man teams. Hopefully there will be more. I would like to implement a few rules. Make it a 1 buck 1 doe contest. The buck is scored by the gross score of the rack and you get 25 points for a doe. Anyone else with any more ideas? Let's hear them.

I would be in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im in..............
    2008-2009 Team Challenge Champs
       -Team Backstrap Fever
    Blackbeard        
    Curran        
    Deerhunter        
    Ffkevin        
    YouthHunter

"He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, he who doesn't is a fool forever"

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTheFall View Post
    One more and we can have 2, 2 man teams. Hopefully there will be more. I would like to implement a few rules. Make it a 1 buck 1 doe contest. The buck is scored by the gross score of the rack and you get 25 points for a doe. Anyone else with any more ideas? Let's hear them.
    I'm not against throwing in some new rules and as far as the bucks being scored by gross score...is it going to have to be an official scorer? I have taped out a couple deer myself but I'm no pro and I wouldn't think a lot of guys are. Not trying to cause any drama but just think that that might be a hard way (and unsure way) of giving score for a buck?

I am not an official scorer either but I have measured several bucks then had them scored officially and was either right on or only an 1/8-2/8" of an inch off. The reason I like this better is cause in contests on here in the past I have seen 8 pointers and even 10 pointers that would score between 90" and 110" inches then you see one that scores 160" and you get the same amount of points for that. I could just about shoot a 100" buck nearly every time I go out. But, a 160"!!!!! For many people that is a buck of a life time but you get the same score. It's just not right. I also think most of us on here are pretty good at eyeing up a rack and if you say it's a 140" buck when it's actually a 110" buck I believe most of us can judge that to be bogus. Besides it's all for fun anyways. To help out with this you must enter a picture of the deer, buck and doe both and also include yourself and your bow. It has to be the whole body. There can't be any exceptions to this rule. This will definitely deter anyone from trying to give their buck a substantially higher score.

Here is a link to a page that will help score your deer. It has both typical and non-typical. All you do is measure it out and put in the numbers and it will give you your score. But remember, we are going by gross score, not net.

www.huntstats.com/scoring.html

Ok the whole pic idea sounds a lot better and will hopefully make it a lil easier. Let's get this season Rollin'!

Thread Information