Thread: New Stand Site Up!!!!!

New Stand Site Up!!!!!

Just put up another new stand. This is the same area where I fell last year. Since I started hunting I have killed more deer from this area than any other I have hunted. I definitely had to have another stand in this area. It's not quite in the same spot but I think this spot gives me better shot angles in all directions and I am able to shoot further in all directions if I have to. I have great shooting lanes. I only have one more stand to get up now and I'll be done. Here are a few pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails newstand1.jpg   newstand2.jpg   newstand3.jpg  

looks good
    opening day is getting closer too!
    Good luck

Looks good. Thanks for the reminder that I need to purchase a new ladder stand in find a good spot on my local game lands to hang it.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150913_123420.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	11105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150913_123426.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	11106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150913_123430.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	11107

I was finally able to get out Sunday and put up a new stand behind the house in the neighbors woods! I thought I had it narrowed down between 2 trees but upon looking at the set up, I put it up in a tree a lil closer than I wanted to his buddies stand. But I think it is in a really good spot, I have a couple different spots where a couple different trails intersect and also a small pond/water hole that sits right in the middle of the woods in front of me (about 30 yards out or so). Definitely not as much cover as I'd like but hopefully I'm high enough and I'm gonna go back in and brush it in a lil. Here's a couple pics from the stand...
    I live life at full draw....

Looks good. How close is it to the other stand? I hope that doesn't cause problems for you.

I'm prolly about 70-80 yards from the other stand but I figured if he's hunting I will just take out the climber or ground blind into another part of the woods.
    I live life at full draw....

Finished up another stand site today. 2 more to go and I will finally be done. A little later than I planned but done before season starts. I will get one done tomorrow and the other one done on Saturday.

Another stand site done and I did check the camera. Several nice looking does and like 6 different 1 1/2 year old bucks. Nothing worth shooting yet except the freezer fillers.

The last stand site is finished but it was a tough one. I do believe it is in a great spot. It is situated in a finger of woods about 70 yards wide. A little further down the finger it is surrounded by fields. Natural springs are close by and there is great bedding area on about 3 sides of it. The stand is situated between the 2 main travel corridor in the strip of woods. One path is about 25 yards away and the other path is like 30 yards. Great shooting lanes but still sufficient cover. I think I will hit this stand when the first big cold front hits if it has the right winds.

Thread Information