Thread: Pay lakin' anyone...

Pay lakin' anyone...

Just wondering if anyone on here fish's any pay lakes? If so how are they hitting this year? Where are you fishing?

We use to go about twice a month and just eventually slowed down to about twice a year now, with having the lil ones, more property to take care of, etc. Love going tho, never lucky enough to catch anything crazy big like some of my buddies but IMO I'd rather catch 15-20 pounders all night than one 60lb the whole night. Anyways just trying to make some conversation on here since its soooooo slowwww...
    Last edited by zachc; 07-25-2015 at 12:13 AM.
    I live life at full draw....

I haven't ever fished a pay from fish lake before, have a few places near my, but there all basic trout farms that you pay by the LB and inch of fish

what do you catch in your pay to fish lakes?, sounds liek a good way to get kids to fish, but spoil them at the same time??

Around here 95% of what you catch in these pay lakes are catfish. But they are catfish that are definitely worth catching , like I said I've never had much luck catching monster cats but I've seen 50,60,70+ pounds fish caught. And as far as it getting kids to fish, yes and no. If the fish are biting absolutely! But...if its slow, like it is a lot of times, well as you know kids get bored easily sooo.
    I live life at full draw....

yes I hear you on the short attention span of kids
    heck some adults too have them short comings too LOL

I get my sisters kids out fishing when they visit(she\s stationed oversea's so not often)
    but I always take them to small ponds that have a ton of pan fish,that seem to throw themselves at bait, cannot keep up with taking them off or putting on a new worm LOL
    they catch some bigger fish too, NOTHING huge, but some 16-18 inch trout and large mouth bass as well, some times they catch them on the smaller fish they caught, waiting for me to take off the line for them!, like a double catch HAHA

BUT I have never even thought about taking them to a pay for fish place, mostly due to I have access to a lot of nice ponds, and well, I never wanted them to think that's how fishing is, rather them see it more like how I grew up learning how
    and then there is the added costs, pay for fish places near me , last time I checked seemed very high priced to just catch a fish,. and I don't think my sisters kids care about size of fish, they like doing something different, that they only get to do, maybe once or twice a yr
    Guess hang kids full time, might have a different aspect to it all, But for me, there very happy as is and I'm glad, makes my life easier !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kids fishing.jpg  

All cat fish around here going to go soon haven't even had boat out for a month due to moving might be a long bow season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information