Thread: Pay lakin' anyone...

Hybrid View

Around here 95% of what you catch in these pay lakes are catfish. But they are catfish that are definitely worth catching , like I said I've never had much luck catching monster cats but I've seen 50,60,70+ pounds fish caught. And as far as it getting kids to fish, yes and no. If the fish are biting absolutely! But...if its slow, like it is a lot of times, well as you know kids get bored easily sooo.
    I live life at full draw....

yes I hear you on the short attention span of kids
    heck some adults too have them short comings too LOL

I get my sisters kids out fishing when they visit(she\s stationed oversea's so not often)
    but I always take them to small ponds that have a ton of pan fish,that seem to throw themselves at bait, cannot keep up with taking them off or putting on a new worm LOL
    they catch some bigger fish too, NOTHING huge, but some 16-18 inch trout and large mouth bass as well, some times they catch them on the smaller fish they caught, waiting for me to take off the line for them!, like a double catch HAHA

BUT I have never even thought about taking them to a pay for fish place, mostly due to I have access to a lot of nice ponds, and well, I never wanted them to think that's how fishing is, rather them see it more like how I grew up learning how
    and then there is the added costs, pay for fish places near me , last time I checked seemed very high priced to just catch a fish,. and I don't think my sisters kids care about size of fish, they like doing something different, that they only get to do, maybe once or twice a yr
    Guess hang kids full time, might have a different aspect to it all, But for me, there very happy as is and I'm glad, makes my life easier !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kids fishing.jpg  

Thread Information