Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow

Wow

Real slow around here even mrbb ISN'T POSTING

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

You got that right! How's everyone's off season going? Bout to be preseason, anyone prepping for September already? I'm going to try and work some OT on memorial day to get some extra cash, and hopefully buy me a new BowTech next month! Then its time to get it tuned in...can't wait! The spot I had a trophy rock at last year, the deer were starting to dig at so I bought some whitetail institute 30-06 minerals, broke the ground up a lil, poured about half a bag out and will prolly dump the rest next week. Threw a fresh camera card on it so we'll see how they like it.
    I live life at full draw....

Yep its the summer grind..... Turkey season is still open in PA but around me the woods are a jungle and the bugs are aweful so I most likely wont get out after a turkey again.

At this point I am focusing on improving my physical fitness doing at home workout programs. It seems to be working so far and I have kept at it now for 16 weeks. I have lost 18lbs and gained loads of muscle. That will make carrying the climber much easier. I am about to pick up some rubber stall mats for my basement gym area as well as picking up a few more beachbody workout programs. I found them online at reasonable prices. I will probably make a few summer scouting trips close to home just to see if I can find a new hunting spot on the public land.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
    Real slow around here even mrbb ISN'T POSTING

HAHA< yup I been quiet here too, check in, see nothing and leave like I guess most others do

I pretty much gave up hunting so?? unless I can offer help to others, not much hunting info happening with me
    I still run trail cam's, NO fawns yet, lots of raccoon here about 7 different bears a few foxes a bob cat once in a while but never a clear pic, there always moving fast and get them lousy blurry pic's, and have seen geese now with little one's about 2 weeks, a few ground hogs with some young, have to think Fawns are out by now too

last week took a walk, found 4-5 bucks skulls with there antlers cut off, about 500 yrds from nearest road, in a pile??
    been happening last few yrs like this here, either some taxidermist is dumping them and trying NOT to be found out, or I have some crazy critter finding them near roads and stock piling
    as last yr I think I found like 9-10 in a pile not too far from this spot??
    Crazy things you find walking the woods? LOL

Might get into a little fishing this summer, IF I get motivation
    other wise, its quiet here all too often??

Bunch of coons here also

well I think I have 7 different one's that show up every night looking for bird seeds or??

and last night had my first female bear with cubs show up, a big female too, all of 300 lbs, and had 3 cubs, very small cubs, but a bear I know well, been a steady/regular one in my yard the past 5+ yrs, so she is some what used to me
    I gave her some popcorn and some bread to try and get a few pic's, but darn cam acted up??
    so, just got these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails momma bear 2015 006.jpg   momma bear 2015 007.jpg   momma bear 2015 008.jpg   momma bear 2015 009.jpg   momma bear 2015 010.jpg  

and as for the coons
    many folks MIGHT NOT believe this, BUT the coon came and chased the mother bear off my deck
    its always funny how a BIG bear will run away from small animals, they really don't seem to like CAT's at all;, if a cat shows up, all bears here will run away like something was trying to kill them
    Funny, but??
    I think its cause a cat can sneak up on them and it scares them, they can get so close without knowing it??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails momma bear 2015 011.jpg   momma bear 2015 012.jpg   momma bear 2015 014.jpg   momma bear 2015 016.jpg  

Good pics buddy

a couple more if you like em
    the coons and the possum don't get along all that well here, Coons are greedy and don't like to share
    BUT the coons are not willing to tangle really, just make a lot of noise and bluff's, all talk no real action/fighting LOL

the one bear in these p[ic's is a super small bear, maybe 45 lbs, and all alone, either was a serious runt last yr and its mother kicked it out this spring for mating season, or its mother was killed some how??
    cute little guy, but has a hard road ahead of itself being on its own at this age/size
    a mother bear normally spends almost 2 yrs with there cubs and the cubs tend to be about a 125-150+ lbs before there on there own, so, this little one is way off that
    But that's mother nature for you,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bear on rail 001.jpg   bear on rail 002.jpg   253.jpg   290.jpg   318.jpg  

Wellll.....anyone still on here? What's new with everyone?
    I live life at full draw....

Thread Information