Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wow

I look in but move on from lack of post. Bought a new bow. Will be the first year I haven't hunted with a browning bow.
    Now sitting in the waiting room, waiting on my son's surgery to be over. Busted up his shoulder pretty bad playing softball. Putting it back together with screws and plates. Hopefully all goes well and he'll be sharing the woods with me this season.
    I'll stop in again
    Last edited by gonehunting 45; 07-18-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Well best of luck to your son and a speedy recovery for him as well

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    Well best of luck to your son and a speedy recovery for him as well
    Thanks mrbb. Doctor said he hasn't seen a break like that in 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by gonehunting 45 View Post
    Thanks mrbb. Doctor said he hasn't seen a break like that in 15 years.
    maybe should be asking the DR's if a vitamin supplement should be added to his diet? as many times bad breaks can be traced back to some missing vitamin's, causing slightly weaker bone
    like they drink milk, good for the bones and such
    but hey,never know

Just checked in for the first time since last fall...hopefully there will be others that find their way back. Just checked my trailcams for the first time this year after leaving them out for one week here in SE Ohio. One Buck who might be decent after another month of growth. Had a bad SD Card in my other camera and got no pics... even though they destroyed by Deer Cane and 150 lbs of corn.

I'm still here. Starting to get that itch! It wont be long now. The best time of the year is getting close for me, Football season and Bow Season!!
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Quote Originally Posted by whodey1966 View Post
    I'm still here. Starting to get that itch! It wont be long now. The best time of the year is getting close for me, Football season and Bow Season!!
    I second that!!!!!

Not sure why, but I always seem to put out my trail cams on the hottest days of the year. Yesterday I had some time and was in the neighborhood of the cabin, so put on some LONG pants, a can and a half of bug repellent, took 3 bottles of water and hit the woods. Bugs still were killin me - and think I lost 5 pounds of water. Amazing how different the forest / woods are from year to year = tons of downed trees ( one ladder stand was a casualty). Also amazing how dense things are in the summer vs. mid-late fall. I could barely find my way around. Saw lots of deer sign - going back on the 15th to evaluate and possibly relo a few stands. If history holds true it will be the hottest day of the year. Despite the heat, great time of year!

token, I hate summers heat and them pesky bugs
    YRS back I bough me a GOOD bug suit, a Bug tamer plus, and its a god send in bug protection
    ONLY issue I have with it is I WISH they made the dam things in LIGHT colors, like white, light gray or blue
    as being in camo on a hot summer sunny day, it heats you up
    BUT it stops them mosquito's from getting even a single bite on me
    beats bug spray by a 100 to one in my eye's

and in early season warm weather bow hunts, its a awesome camo jacket withjust a T shirt under it
    one of the best things I bought over the yrs
    as it works as it claims it does, unlike so many other things they sell today!

Have thought about buying a second suit and trying to bleach it to get it a lighter color, for summer time work, being all mesh, it can be a LOT cooler if just a lighter color?/
    I own the jacket pants and gloves
    and its priceless in summer time when putting up posted signs about the swamp, without it I would be a few quarts low on blood by days end LOL
    https://shannonoutdoors.com/bugtamer/

Thanks MRBB! Looking at their stuff on line... may be a worthwhile investment for pre-season scouting and for early season bow hunts where the bugs are still in full force.

Thread Information