Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offering a Spring Bear Hunt May, June 2015

Hybrid View

I know they are. Three days of PA bear season a few years back. I never hunted as hard or as long in my life. Those were some of the toughest drives I ever participated in.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I did bear drives for about 15 seasons in a row in the swamps of the Pocono's, and trust me, I know how nasty doing bear drives can be, can recall walking 1/4 mile at a time on laurel branches 4-8 ft above the ground with nothing but a swamp/water under me uf unknown deep water LOL
    we killed a lot of bears, out of like 15+ guys we killed 2-3 every yr in them 3 days, but MAN< we worked hard for them, and dummy me just went along to help, as I never cared to shoot one LOL
    PA's getting better with having more seasons now, as they have a bow season and then added a day to rifle season, and down in the special regs area, they have like 2+ month bear season down there
    so chances are getting better to get one here. BUT unless your cheating, and sadly I believe more than half of the kills are from cheaters, all the more so in the bow season, heard way too many stories to say other wise!, and seen MANY MANY bears in check stations with chocolate under there claws>> explain how that happens in the wilds??
    Other wise, its all about LUCK to get a bear in PA!
    or you have some prime lands with crops just for bears, its a alot of luck to get a bear here, less than 5% of hunters get one

Thread Information