Thread: Got my mount back. Score another nice one for the buckeye state.

Got my mount back. Score another nice one for the buckeye state.

Got my mount back, and I have to say its real nice to have it back. Bummed i was bluing guns the weekend of the deer and turkey show and couldn't make it. Taking a buck like this Has been like getting every birthday present I ever wanted and didn't get at the same time. Looking at it just gets me more excited to get out back and do more work to prepare for next year. Im still up in the air as to whether I want to put him in the all time Boone and Crockett books or not. He qualifies at 174"net and 186" gross, but im not sure i want to draw any more attention to my county. Id like to know what some of you think on that. Any way I hope everyone has as good of luck next year as I did this year. Also, im looking for someone in the Dayton area to do some shed hunting with(I have property) and someone to share hunting preperations with. Ive found clearing lanes and setting stands is always better with two people. This is a two way road. Ill help you with your hunting prep and you help me. Its faster and more enjoyable with someone like minded around. just shoot me a email at Spencegunsmithing@gmail.comClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2006.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	10961Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buck truck.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	10962

Well congrats again, and that's a hell of a buck, and nice mount too.
    Wish you were closer I have few guns I'd like re blued, barrels just too LOL as for putting a buck in the record booksthat's a personal deal, Me I doubt I would, as I just hunt for me, and never cared for things like record books. But many guys like it, so again, its up to you, I really wouldn't worry about the county deal, people know good area's by now, and most hunters actually hunt where they have access, than hunt out property by county alone, they tend to , IMO, first try finding a decent place close to home, then if NOT there, then closest place they can get to, and so on, sure SORME maybe hunt out hunting lands by record books, but not all that many really, maybe die hard big buck hunters will , read more into it, IF there looking to buy land, or maybe book an outfitter. But most don't really in My opinion
    if you want your name in the books go for it

That's awesome, looks good! As far as putting him in the record book I think its a personal thing...me, I would just cuz. I don't think it would draw a lot of attention to your county, I mean its not like people are all the time searching the records books waiting to see where a big one got shot so them and their buddies can load up the trucks and plan their next hunting trip, lol. Even then I would say these types of "hunters" prolly don't even know what boone and Crockett is. Anyways congrats again on a giant.
    I live life at full draw....

Very nice. I wished we lived closer cause I would take you up on that you help me and I help you thing, but we are probably at least 3 hours or more apart.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTheFall View Post
    Very nice. I wished we lived closer cause I would take you up on that you help me and I help you thing, but we are probably at least 3 hours or more apart.
    DAMN 3 hours is a stretch lol. and to the fellow with the barrels your welcome to ship them, and if you wait till fall you can come hunt when you pick them up

Quote Originally Posted by longrange08 View Post
    DAMN 3 hours is a stretch lol. and to the fellow with the barrels your welcome to ship them, and if you wait till fall you can come hunt when you pick them up
    Hey Longrange08, I sent you a pm, let me know when you get it what you think!

I been a long range shooter(1,000+ yrds) since the late 80's, LOL

Got your pm sir. and replied.

All I can say is WOW !!
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

Quote Originally Posted by longrange08 View Post
    Got your pm sir. and replied.
    Thanks, I replied again and also sent you an few e mails with some pic's and information I could use,
    thanks,

Thread Information