Thread: Already getting ready for next year...

Already getting ready for next year...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150406_183015.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	10960

Checked the camera's today for the first time in a couple weeks. Had a nice group of turkeys and some deer, also had some pics and videos of 3 bucks already growing their racks! Only gets my mind thinking about the end of September already!
    I live life at full draw....

That's cool to see racks growing already, but its that time of yr, so they all should be started by now, minus them odd ball ones that just lost them LOL, I can remember seeing nice sized 8 pointers in early turkey season over the yrs.
    always made me think about deer hunting, even though I was turkey hunting when I seen them LOL

I let me cameras stay up all year, so they will actually be out now. Hoping to finally get some good growth pictures.
    2008-2009 Team Challenge Champs
       -Team Backstrap Fever
    Blackbeard        
    Curran        
    Deerhunter        
    Ffkevin        
    YouthHunter

"He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes, he who doesn't is a fool forever"

I leave cam's out all yr too, Have a few of them with the solar panal chargers, very handy, get over a yr out of battery's in them, and lots of pic's too
    BUT have to be careful where you stick them, due to jecks out there with sticky fingers
    I just like seeing odd critters the cams being out all yr get me!
    I'm also lucky to have so many critters in my yard too,
    this little guy comes every nite and sucks up bird seed of my deck, the birds drop, only crumbs mroe or less, but he seems to like them LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 027.jpg   039.jpg   023.jpg   025.jpg   031.jpg  

Last edited by mrbb; 04-07-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Yeah, I will be doing some stand prep and also returning to the scene of the crime (the stand that broke) to put a new stand up there. That has been my most productive spot ever.

While I am at my hunting/fishing cabin for spring turkey I will be putting up one of my ladder stands for next year and doing some exploring. I have my hunting buddy coming along most likely so extra hands an a 1.5 man ladder will make things go smoothly. Otherwise, I usually wait until right before I hunt a spot to put the ladder stands up. They are just to easy to put up and I really dont want them to grow legs.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Always getting ready no cams up yet but after turkey Season is over they will be out feeder is running still as always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was out scouting yesterday found what looks like a good area marked a few trees for my climber. Its going to be tough getting a deer out of there. Stepped on a branch and the show was on. This tom gobbled and keep it up I could tell he was heading my way so I set down beside a fallen tree branch. He came in on a line. It would have been a 10 yrd shoot. Talk about cool. After he walked off I went back to scouting came back to that location an hour and half later and had 2 jakes come in to say hi. I've only tried turkey hunting a couple times with no success. Question would these toms still be in that area on a regular basis. The first tom was a very nice one. His beard was 10 to 14". I got him on video and a couple pics that was blurry.

turkeys are like all critters, IF there is food, cover or safety,. they will re use an area, till the above don't work no more
    This time of yr, they maybe have pre fered roosting area's, so, if they were theer in the early AM, or just before sun set,< odds are they will be there in a few weeks using same area's
    this time of yr food isn't easy, so they can traveling back and forth thru an area to get to food to
    come matting season, they do also tend to be near more open places so they can show off to attract mates, during the day all day, from morning to evenings LOL

My best luck turkey hunting is after 9:30 when everyone throws in the towel. I get out early but nothing usually happens until after 930. 9:30-12 is when I have had all of my opportunities.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information