Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Almost that time again!

Attachment 10968
    Attachment 10969Attachment 10970
    Not the greatest pictures. You can barley make out that Tom's beard. That was a cool day....think I'll have to give it a try

Well I went out opening morning. Had a tom and a hen about 500-600 yards out. Got him to gobber about 8-10 times and then he went silent. I could see him on the next farm over in a big cut bean field struttin' around but of course wouldn't leave her. Sat til about 8:30-9:00 and called it a day, nothing else. This weather is killing us tho! When it was warm and sunny out we saw birds everywhere, cool temps, rain, and wind isnt helping us at all. Supposed to warm up towards the emd of next week tho so we'll see what happens i guess. Anyone else go out yet?
    I live life at full draw....

well season hasn't started here yet
    next weekend I think(might have started today LOL)
    BUt I don't plan to hunt, did walk about 10+ miles today looking for sheds, however, seen a bunch of deer , live one's and one dead buck skull, with antlers cut off??
    SO< another cheater I guess got him??

also found a dead rabbit?
    other wise just a lot of walking and fresh air today here!

“I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Nice! I took out oldest out yesterday morning for her first turkey hunt (I was hunting). Saw a handful of birds, in the same spot I always see them in 500 yards out. Don't jkow if she was able to are any of them through the binoculars but we
    did hear 8, yes she counted and made sure I knew there was 8 lol, gobbels. Never had any birds come in though. Plan on sliding out at least a couple more times this week so we'll see what happens.

“I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

well just talked to the guys at my hunting camp, they too said LOTS of guys out there for mid week?

they are up for a week to try, said action is quiet due to so many hunters being out, BUT seeing lots of turkey sign, scratching's and such
    and green up is still a ways off I can see there too!

good luck

Green up is a long way away up there. The weather was cold on Friday and Saturday and very hot on Monday and Tuesday. There was tons of people out hunting during the week. More than the first saturday of the rifle doe opener. I have no answer as to why. It is never this busy up there. The birds were being heavily pressured and had lock jaw. I wish I knew I was going to have so much company. I would have found some where else to hunt. The fishing was equally slow in the afternoon. On the positive side I did find and hang a new stand. The pictures dont do it justice on how heavy that cover is and the view is just awesome. The best part is it is only 150-200 yards from the road. I usually dont hunt that close but the sign is there so I figured why not. My dad plans on trying out the stand in October before I get up here.

Anyone killed a bird yet? Having any luck? I've been out a couple times over the last couple weeks and haven't had much luck. The only birds I can seem to hear and/or see are on the next farm over where I can't get...yet, lol. Only a couple of days left here in Ohio....

haven't been hunting them this spring, BUT this morning was at a buddy's far, picking up some feed corn, and a BIG old long beard was gobbling its brains out about 40 yrds from me, watching em dump corn into my totes, every bag I emptied he gobbled and came closer, at one point he was about 20 yrs or less from me
    Funny how some of these turkeys get so dumb and others when hunting can be such a challenge LOL
    Its like they know when you have a weapon and when you don't HAHA!

and YES I can hunt this farm too, just no desire to hunt turkeys this spring, but pretty sure I could have gone home came back with a gun, and kill it, it was 10 minutes from my house or less
    BUT no challenge there, SO?
    Good luck to you all trying still, its not over yet !

Thread Information