Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Almost that time again!

We just hit mid-season here in PA. I am in the South Eastern part of the state. Turkey numbers are low enough that we dont have a fall season. I was out all morning until noon. I didnt hear a sound. I did see a few in the off limits area at middle creek. That place is pretty cool. Well except there is very little open to hunting.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Well now that bow season's over, only means 1 thing...countdown to spring turkey!!! Anyone plan on going out this spring? I haven't seen much of any bird action out here but its still pretty chilly so...
    I live life at full draw....

Turkeys are moving around here! Been seeing a nice group of hens and a couple nice toms around the house this week, one Tom out at full strut a couple days ago. Also saw a couple strutting in a field in the way to work today. Hopefully this is a good sign of what's to come!

Anyone going out this spring? Seeing any birds?

back in feb I was in a coyote hunting contest, and I called in turkeys 5 different times using a dying rabbit call, in 5 different locations, about 10+ miles apart LOL

I was a scratching my head on that one??

but I heard many gobbles back in end of feb? pretty early, but I heard a ton more last Feb. in same contest held same time of yr every yr!

SO< it seems like there starting a lot sooner than most think and most seasons even start!

I have seen many out in fields since then in full strut with hen's a showing off,
    I won't be out after any
    but I do hear them gobbling every day I am outside in my back yard doing stuff
    from sounds of things, it should be a decent season, pending HOW fast green up happens

best of luck to anyone going out!!
    heads up, TONS Of ticks this yr being reported by everyone I know walking the woods, seems like a boomer yr for them!

If anyone is still on here...have any luck with dropping a bird yet? I went out the 2nd morning of the season and didn't see or here a one.

I'm still checking in every so often, but its SLOW here to say the least!

I ain't hunting much at all these days, but hearing gobblers all over here gobbling and seeing them strutting all over as well, have a few small jakes that show up in my yard a few times a week and always put on a show for me, with some young hens with them.
    haven';t heard any shooting however, and gun club lands butt against me and seen a LOT of guys out yesterday, was upper 80's here, so, WARM to say the least, green up is WAY off yet however, so shoudl be good hunting at first light any how before it warms up and them bugs get annoying!

Haven't tried but am in the middle of some stuff at work and home

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thread Information