Thread: America has gone soft!

Threaded View

America has gone soft!

Ok guys and gals, I'm watching the news and I have to ask, When is enough enough? It seems like every night I watch the news I hear another case of a parent (mother and/or father) killing or seriously hurting their kids. Well that's besides all of the shootings that take place every day. Now I may or may not work in the law enforcement field but I can tell you for a FACT that these "adults" that are doing this, are not living hard in Ohio prisons! Don't get me wrong, I am very proud to be an American and served in the USMC but wow American government when is enough enough! Stop "sentencing" these people to a life of ease in prison (Ohio), hold them accountable for their actions! If you ask me I am all about an eye for an eye. These people want to stab, beat, drown their kids, well here it comes right back at you! Instead they sentence them to life in prison...where they get TVs, more programs than you can imagine, 3 hot meals a day, FREE utilities, phone calls and visits, and if they want illegal drugs and cell phones and weapons, "rights" to certain things (x amount of showers a week, x amount of recreation time a week, and the list goes on), no accountability if they don't get a job while they're incarcerated they still get paid money from the state to buy "hygiene items", oh yeah now they get emails, and they can video visit (like Skype), miniature tablets, send and receive video messages, the same food we buy but cheaper, video games (limited hand held/TV hook up type), etc. I don't know about you but if I don't work I don't get any of that stuff. All of the things that I just mentioned are all literally what Ohio inmates receive! Look into it. Murders, rapists, child molesters, doesn't matter. Now aside from getting in the occassional fight here and there does that really seem like a hard life? There is so much that goes on behind prison walls that the public is unaware of that its CRAZY. The only thing the public usually sees is when law enforcement in general uses "excessive force" but when inmates assault the law enforcement officers when do you hear about that? Very very rarely! Don't get me wrong, there is a fine line between excessive force and enough force used to control the situation and wrong is wrong regardless. So anyways, if your still reading this post, lol, thats my rant and rave. As long as the government, state or country, keeps treating these people so humanely (because they treated their victims so humanely right?) and not really punishing them and holding them accountable for their actions, people in society are going to continue to do these kind of things. Come on people let's just call a spade a spade... Ok know I feel a little better!
    Last edited by zachc; 03-23-2015 at 12:00 AM.
    I live life at full draw....

Thread Information