Since it has been a little slow around here since the season wrapped up. I thought I would start a thread where we could post our goals for the next year as well as place to keep track of how we are working towards those goals and any challenges we encounter. Sounds like fun right?

Goals for next year:

1. I would like to get into better shape come hunting season. I hunted out of my climber this year for the first time in 2 years and was amazed at how out of shape I was and how much I hurt the next day after carrying my climber and walking through snow for an hour.

2. I want to spend more time exploring and scouting in the off season. I did get out a few times small game hunting after christmas this year but the snow and ice has made getting around more difficult than it is worth at this point. As soon as the weather breaks I want to try to go for a walk in the local game lands once a month to see what I can learn.

3. I would like to continue my hunting success. I have had the pleasure of harvesting two deer each of the last two years and I would like to keep that trend up. Learning my hunting lands better should help.

Game plan to attain my goals.
1. Get in better shape
- I started an the T25 exercise program 5 weeks ago and have lost ~10 or 11lbs so far and I feel great.
- I plan on doing the P90x3 program once I finish the T25 program.
- I have been eating healthier the last 5 weeks mostly meat and lots of veggies. Less eating out etc. This is something that is sustainable for me versus a super strict diet. I need this to last long term not just a few months.

2/3. These are simple. I just need to make sure I get out and explore my local hunting grounds at least once a month during the off season. Hopefully more. I have every other friday off of work. I hope I can use that time to go for a walk in the woods.

So what are your personal/hunting goals for the next year? Those are mine.