Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personaly Goals for Next Year - Hunting or Non-Hunting related

Hybrid View

Personaly Goals for Next Year - Hunting or Non-Hunting related

Since it has been a little slow around here since the season wrapped up. I thought I would start a thread where we could post our goals for the next year as well as place to keep track of how we are working towards those goals and any challenges we encounter. Sounds like fun right?

Goals for next year:

1. I would like to get into better shape come hunting season. I hunted out of my climber this year for the first time in 2 years and was amazed at how out of shape I was and how much I hurt the next day after carrying my climber and walking through snow for an hour.

2. I want to spend more time exploring and scouting in the off season. I did get out a few times small game hunting after christmas this year but the snow and ice has made getting around more difficult than it is worth at this point. As soon as the weather breaks I want to try to go for a walk in the local game lands once a month to see what I can learn.

3. I would like to continue my hunting success. I have had the pleasure of harvesting two deer each of the last two years and I would like to keep that trend up. Learning my hunting lands better should help.

Game plan to attain my goals.
    1. Get in better shape
    - I started an the T25 exercise program 5 weeks ago and have lost ~10 or 11lbs so far and I feel great.
    - I plan on doing the P90x3 program once I finish the T25 program.
    - I have been eating healthier the last 5 weeks mostly meat and lots of veggies. Less eating out etc. This is something that is sustainable for me versus a super strict diet. I need this to last long term not just a few months.

2/3. These are simple. I just need to make sure I get out and explore my local hunting grounds at least once a month during the off season. Hopefully more. I have every other friday off of work. I hope I can use that time to go for a walk in the woods.

So what are your personal/hunting goals for the next year? Those are mine.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

well your right about being slow here, been a down ward sprial since the rut LOL

well, I again, don't have any plans to deer hunt 2015 season, if I have any plans , I think I plan to build a new rifle or too for some odds and end;s things I do
    shooting wise
    might think about buying a new atv and just maybe getting back into fishing more than I have in the past
    also want to toke a few trips out west this yr, maybe add fishing, or an atv trip with that!

other wise, this yr will be perttty much the same as last yr for me I think?
    I hope less stressfull and costly LOL

New to site

Harvest first black bear with bow. Headed to Canada this spring
    Keep archery streak alive of getting buck with a bow.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    I hope to do some work on the property that will help hold deer there throughout season. Hinge cut, timber cut, etc..

Sounds like a good time Big_Holla. Nothing like some chainsaw time. That reminds me it is almost firewood cutting season for me.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

My goals:

Don't eat a tag in 2015/16

Scout more.
    Commit to take both my sons out this year (regardless of sports obligations)
    Clear some trails for more stealthy access to stands
    Practice more with my bow
    Scout more.
    Spend at least as much time in the woods as last year

Get the 4 year old out teach him safety first and try to be patient with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as for Ohio: I seem to be in a rut, hunting the same area, the same trees. Having success, but feeling I need to expand my options. After taking a buck on thursday last yr, I did move around and do some scouting. Just don't like boogering the place up during the rut. I want to change areas and find more locations to put into my GPS. I'd like to do that in this spring. ( maybe)
    I also would like to have a couple more guys to join us on the hunt in Ohio. Alot of friends show interest, but never commit and come down in Nov.
    As far as NH: I do the same thing here, and hunt the same areas. Need to invest some time in scouting a new location or two.
    Bring my two grandsons, who are now old enough to go. Just maybe they will put down those games with no reality, and get into hunting and fishing with reality.
    I should lose some wieght and get in better shape. ( Fat chance of that happening) !
    I am for sure putting my fathers boat in the water this spring and doing some fishing. We lost him last June, and I'm sure some old memories will arise when fishing the same lakes we did together for so many years. He is missed.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

1. Set up my treestands, cameras and feeders earlier this year and scout way more.
    2. Lose 40 pounds by the end if 2015
    3. Get into my Bible more this year
    4. My last goal is to balance my other activities better with hunting during deer season.

Good luck bryson. Do you have a plan of attack for meeting your weigh loss goal?

Thread Information