Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How was your Deer Season this year?

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I had a couple other bucks that looked decent on my property last fall. One heavy horned eight that might be worthy of chasing next fall. Also a tall narrow framed ten with potential was running around too. I'll see what the cameras reveal this coming summer and see if I have any outstanding bucks in my area. It just won't be the same with the deer I killed this year gone.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hortontoter congratulations!! What a beauty. You sure did wait for the right one. I hope the opportunities on target animals come easy and often for you.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

yes knowing a animal as well as you did that one, will be for sure missed, ITs however beetr to know the end, and all the better when it was you that got it. cannot tell you how many times over the yrs I let bucks walk for a few seasons , getting to know them, only to go MIA< and never know what happened, its this that sucks to me the most, as makes you wonder so many different endings.
    having your own land, is abig part of hunting to me, as don\t get me wrong public lands can be great for hunting and killing big bucks, but , having your own, you get to see and watch things develop, and can even have some in put on how they turn out
    I am sure you will find another worthy buck to chace.
    best of luck to you in 2015 season , and up date this summer with a few pic's too!

Thanks, nomad. I couldn't help from ribbing you a little.

You are right Stan, at least I know what his fate was. How he managed to hang out in the area of my 10 acres that long was amazing. I never found his sheds or saw him until the day I shot him. I know he wandered from time to time and didn't show up for months, but he was a regular visitor to my Trophy Rock all summer every year.

Last summer he disappeared about the first week of August. I pulled a camera card on my way out from hunting on Nov. 7 that caught him in my creek bottom while I sat in another stand 80 yards away. I planned to hunt him in my creek bottom stand Nov 11 and 12th with all day sits. Luckily he showed up the first day on the 11th. It was a nine yard broadside shot as he slowly walked in front of me. I wanted to maaahh to stop him, but was afraid at that close range it may spook him. I took the shot as he walked and saw the hit. It was a tad higher than I wanted to be, but knew he was double lunged.

The first photo shows him on the 7th in my creek bottom. The second photo was taken just before I took him. You can see the white lettering on the limb of my crossbow in the stand opening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SUNP0246.jpg   SUNP0123.jpg  

I check in sometimes, but spend most of my time on another forum. It is a shame this site fell apart.

Stonegod had told me you had lost managing the farm a while back. I'm so thankful I bought my place ten years ago. It is small but serves me very well as a place to hunt and spend some quality time away from the city in the summertime.

The yote contest sounds like fun, if the weather would cooperate. I couldn't take those temperature though.

A shame they way things went down with the farm. Greedy family members throw a wrench in lots of estates. I can understand how the outcome was a punch in the gut.

I not a heavy poster on any sites. I like sharing trail camera pictures and hunting stories the most. And it is nice to cheer each other on during the season too. If a site isn't interesting it is time to leave. That is the only reason I abandoned this site, not enough participation. I doubt it will ever be what it once was for a number of reasons.

I didn't fill a tag. I ended up gut shooting a doe and watched as another hunter about 60 yards away put her down.

Thread Information