Thread: How was your Deer Season this year?

Hybrid View

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Thanks, nomad. I couldn't help from ribbing you a little.

You are right Stan, at least I know what his fate was. How he managed to hang out in the area of my 10 acres that long was amazing. I never found his sheds or saw him until the day I shot him. I know he wandered from time to time and didn't show up for months, but he was a regular visitor to my Trophy Rock all summer every year.

Last summer he disappeared about the first week of August. I pulled a camera card on my way out from hunting on Nov. 7 that caught him in my creek bottom while I sat in another stand 80 yards away. I planned to hunt him in my creek bottom stand Nov 11 and 12th with all day sits. Luckily he showed up the first day on the 11th. It was a nine yard broadside shot as he slowly walked in front of me. I wanted to maaahh to stop him, but was afraid at that close range it may spook him. I took the shot as he walked and saw the hit. It was a tad higher than I wanted to be, but knew he was double lunged.

The first photo shows him on the 7th in my creek bottom. The second photo was taken just before I took him. You can see the white lettering on the limb of my crossbow in the stand opening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SUNP0246.jpg   SUNP0123.jpg  
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

I check in sometimes, but spend most of my time on another forum. It is a shame this site fell apart.

Stonegod had told me you had lost managing the farm a while back. I'm so thankful I bought my place ten years ago. It is small but serves me very well as a place to hunt and spend some quality time away from the city in the summertime.

The yote contest sounds like fun, if the weather would cooperate. I couldn't take those temperature though.

A shame they way things went down with the farm. Greedy family members throw a wrench in lots of estates. I can understand how the outcome was a punch in the gut.

I not a heavy poster on any sites. I like sharing trail camera pictures and hunting stories the most. And it is nice to cheer each other on during the season too. If a site isn't interesting it is time to leave. That is the only reason I abandoned this site, not enough participation. I doubt it will ever be what it once was for a number of reasons.

Thread Information