Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last week of season coming up!!!!!

Last week of season coming up!!!!!

Will anyone be spending any time in the stand this next week. I would like to put one more doe down so i will definitely be in the stand. Probably Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings. Good luck to anyone still after them!!!!!

I'm going to try and make it out a few times.

I'll be out at least a couple more times...
    I live life at full draw....

Well it's looking like this will be my worst year hunting since I got my bow... dang those critters are finicky! Hunted a new property on Saturday night... walked the edge of the field looking where to set up, then came back and waited. 3 Hrs later one comes out upwind (west) and smells my tracks and freaks out! Then I look to the east and see four more looking concerned and then watch as they wave goodbye. I'd really like to get at least one doe in the freezer... I'm kicking myself for not getting my bow tuned earlier as I recall missing 3 deer that one weekend...

If I can't do any better this weekend, it'll be back to slaughterhouse meats for my family this year... gosh I hate that stuff!
    60# Bowtech Destroyer 340

Team Gutpile '12-13

well hunting is NOT supposed to be easy, or I doubt many would do it. the challange is a main reason many find the joy in success when it happens.
    That said, SOrry your having a bad season, BUT the fact you have had chances says your on the right path, in real terms, only about 20% or less of all hunters fill there tags, so again its not an easy sport!
    this yr seemed to be very odd up my way, I didn't hunt at all this yr, first time in 35 yrs since I started
    BUt I haven;t heard of many foks up thsi way getting any deer, far and few seems to be the rule now a days
    I don't think its a lack of deer, just a LOT smarter deer now than 10 yrs ago, and a lot more are very nocturnal these days, as to yrs ago!
    said it before and will again, I think deer have us hunters figured out and have adapted to use, better than we have to them
    MINUS the folks with prime lands and food plots
    Killing a deer is a struggle on most average hunters, due to deer changing how they live as to yrs back!
    and many time's poor quality of food/cover and shelter on public lands!

I will be out haven't had anything close enough with a bow yet haven't even shot at any all season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck guys
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

MRBB, you make some good points. I'll add to it that my bow was way out of tune this season, which I'm certain didn't help! (I just got it tuned with a new string.) That said, I think those critters are certainly catching on, as I've never seen them so skittish before! This year, no matter where I set up my stand, they seemed to have some kind of sense about not providing a shot... whether it be location, time of day, which path to take, etc.

But at least I have one more weekend to hunt! (Before my wonderful wife cashes in that coupon I gave her for Christmas that says I have to shave the beard... the small print made it clear the coupon was not good during hunting season!)

Good luck you guys!
    60# Bowtech Destroyer 340

Team Gutpile '12-13

Shaving the beard? Yeah mine is coming off too after hunting on Saturday courtesy of the wife, lol.

Mine will also be gone but Sunday for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information