Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last week of season coming up!!!!!

Had a 30 yard broadside opportunity this evening and I took a chunk of skin and hair off her back. I could not believe how far she ducked down. These late season deer are always way more wise and skittish than they are in the early season. I guess next time I will have to aim under her lol.

Well I planned on going out Wednesday morning but woke up to it being 9° out and thought... Uhh no thank you I'm climbing back under the warm blankets! Lol. Woke up at 6 this morning to see it was raining and windy as all get out so that didn't happen either. So...gonna try it again in the morning, weather permitting. Wish me luck, the countdown is on...
    I live life at full draw....

Good luck there Zach!!!!! I will be back out Both Friday and Saturday evenings. I've got 2 more hunts to fill one more tag.

well good luck to you's all still at it
    I know bucks or some up here are still holding antlers
    all the snow I have now seems to have them in groups now too
    was loking for sheds today and found sections of beds, every place there was one deer bed there was 12-20 right next to it

NO seheds found, but might be early yet, or heck, there under the 14 inches if powder snow some place I have now!LOL

They took the lower path through this evening, about 12 or so of them. About 100 yards away so obviously no shot. I have one more sit to fill my last tag. Wish me luck. It has been a heck of a season for me in more ways than one, lol.

Well good luck Man! I didn't make it out this morning, woke up to 22 mph winds with gusts of 30 mph. A lil to windy for me to sit in the stand just IMO. Tomorrow morning for sure! Clear skys and cold with the moon shining bright. Should be a good morning...

Maybe we can double up Zach!!!!!

After a couple days of nasty weather, I get a PERFECT morning in the woods, cold, quiet, just a slight breeze...all to have it prolly ruined by 3 dogs running all over the woods!!!! They finally got close enough to hear/see me and I just scared them off so I'll try to sit a couple hours and just hope something walks by...almost had dog for dinner boys, lol!

I had a not so fitting end to my most painful but successful season. I took a shot at a doe. I saw I hit her back a little bit. I watched her as far as I could. Then the one thing happened to me that hasn't happened since I've been hunting on this property. There is one small plot of land that is no mans land. The owner lets no one, no how, no way, on their property. That is where she went and laid and I couldn't get her. Unfortunately there is nothing I can legally do here.

Well that sucks to hear Man! At least you saw something, that's a plus. Still have one more day, lol. As I posted earlier, 3 dogs ruined my hunt. I sat until a lil after 9 and saw absolutely nothing! I do have to say tho, it was an absolute beautiful morning, couldn't have been more perfect (except the deer cooperating). Might try to hit it one last time in the morning...again depending on the weather. Doesn't sound like its gonna be to good tho so we'll see.

Thread Information