Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back in the stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

. I will be doing some small game hunting this month along with off season scouting to learn more about the area[/QUOTE]

well you had a decent season in PA, no buck, but had some good hunts with doe kills and well, good to learn more about your area's and its options,

as for small game, well had a grouse here the past efw days, get them of and on all yr, but man there numbers are low the past 10 yrs, I rememeber when getting your limit here was a short walk and under an hr to limit out, without a dog, and missing about a dozen before you got your limt LOL
    just like woodcock, man been yrs since I even seen one here?? a shame. wild pheasants, HAHA< man, back in the 80's and early 90's, had tons of them, then they all got kiled off, and never been any really since but them dumb pen raised one's they let out to be eatin by cats and hit by cars LOL
    my dog used to catch them and bring them to me live, so I stopped hunting them in PA, too.

best of luck to you Nomad, always next yrs for that big buck, sooner or later you'll get him!

here is a pic of the grouse here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg  

I had a great season. Two deer in the freezer and some good hunts. I did not see a legal buck this year but I saw plenty of sublegal bucks. Bucks are few and far between for me. I am usually 30 yards out of position. But I have gotten better at getting closer. But on public land mostly hunting in the big woods, some times you see the bucks some times you don't.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information