Thread: When to burn up my vacation time?

When to burn up my vacation time?

So I have 3 days left of vacation that I need to burn up or loose it. I can take it in 4hr or 8hr increments. Any thoughts on when would be the best time to take off?

Here's a link to my 10 day weather forecast...

One thought - should I wait till later so the deer can be less spooked considering the recent orange army invasion, er... gun season? (I was one of them... the only legal one among many poachers!)
    60# Bowtech Destroyer 340

Team Gutpile '12-13

Take your time when you can. I just read an article that was a study of collared deer and they moved away during gun season but were back in there usual areas within 2 days of the close of gun season. So hunt the best weather days for you and have fun.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_archer View Post
    Take your time when you can. I just read an article that was a study of collared deer and they moved away during gun season but were back in there usual areas within 2 days of the close of gun season. So hunt the best weather days for you and have fun.
    That's especially encouraging regarding them any people poaching where I was the only one with permission to hunt!

A guy at work was suggesting taking off cold morning because the deer were more likely to be moving than when it get's "hotter" (aka in the 40's). I guess that's as good a start as any...
    60# Bowtech Destroyer 340

Team Gutpile '12-13

The best deer movement I saw this year was mid 30's to mid 40's. Any warmer or colder and the movement was impacted in my area.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Thread Information