well I agree, some of the place's up here charge over a 100 bucks for a basic cut, and then if you want things made it can run up over 200 bucks to get a deer butchered??
CRAZY in my eye's
but I have a few friends that are butchers and they get a ton of business, and folks pay no questions asked??
My one buddy put his 3 kids thru collage on $$ he made butchering deer
he used to butcher like 700-1,000 deer a yr, for like 15+ yrs, then the deer numbers dropped and so did the deer bought in, and then the Game commission and all its red tape about butchering and blah blah, rules and crap!
he gave it up, , but MAN he made a lot of money over the yrs, and he had one of the cleanest cuts going
he is a full time butcher , and he used to buy all his supply's at work, everything came back, wrapped just like in a store, , foam bottom, blood rag, boneless and cut clean
, used to rent 3 tractor trailer freezers, and hired local high school kids foot ball teams normally, and man they could cut deer up fast!

But to pay a 100+ bucks to get back 35-40 lbs of meat?? is a lot to many folks

I've butchered a LOT of mine own deer, then, got spoiled, my one buddy, LOVED cutting up deer?? not sure why??
but when I killed one, all I had to do was call him up, drop it off, and about 2 hrs later go pick it up, all de boned, and wrapped in freezer wrap, and labeled?
for free , well,I gave him a case of beer for every deer he did! ? LOL

then, he moved, and one of my other buddy's opened a butcher shop, and still has it, so, again, last 15+ yrs, my deer get cut up, and all I have to do is drop em off! and get back in a few hrs!
I have it spoiled folks LOL