Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms season

Firearms season

I believe Ohio got under way today and I am almost ready for PA to get underway on Monday. Good luck to everyone heading out.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Opening day for shotgun here in Ohio starts this Monday. I went today and checked out a new place I'll he hunting, only 7 acres but I have exclusive access and it looked like cattle paths all throughout it, tracks rubs and poop everywhere! Gotta say as much as I would rather take one with my bow, but I'm killing something Monday, gotta get some meat in freezer!
    I live life at full draw....

Good deal zach. I couldn't remember when Ohio opened up. For some reason I thought it was the Saturday after Thanksgiving. But it's been a few years since I lived out there.

I walked around the state game lands yesterday look semi promising. There will be a lot of guys and I won't be getting there until after first light due to home duties. It should still be good. I am hunting on the ground for the first time in years.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

well good luck to anyone and everyopne going tomorrow
    should be a good day to unt, chilly in the morning, and lots of snow up my way!

good luck if your out there tomorrow, any time you can be in the ohio woods is awesome..should be great

So far I saw 4 run through. I moved 100 yards and plan to stay here for a few hours.

well congrats, now for thet buck!!

I went for a irde about a few local game lands, TONS of guys out, sat on top of the MT from about 7 am till about 9, only heard like 2 rifle shots, and they were far off
    theer had to be at least 150+ trucks parked on the game lands road??
    in the snow driving in, and its been on the ground for about 4+ days now
    I only sen like 10 sets of deer tracks on the 11 mile dirt road thru the game lands??
    GUess deer herd there is pretty low?
    at about 11 am, driving back to my place I seen one guy with about a 140 inch 10 pointer on the side of the road laoding it in his truck?

other wise, it was a sad opening day here, way quiet, and NOT due to lack of hunters out there??

I know of two bucks and two does in the area I was in. Lots of shooting but there were a lot of second or third shots. This was my first time hunting that area. I will need to do more exploring because the area has serious potential.

Thread Information