Athletic Greens
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms season

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_archer View Post
    The 300 win mag with 165 gr nosler ballistic tips made a mess on the exit wound.
    Darn, you ruined some meat! Congrats. Miserable day to be gun hunting in Ohio, rain all day. I stayed in the house and worked, heck with that, I don't need a second doe that bad!
    "...the deepest, most permanent features of all great moments outside are the names, faces, descriptions, and emotions. The antlers on the wall...well, they're just bones affixed to boards. But what they represent, however, is flesh and blood - fathers and sons, friends spending time with friends and the the seasons of life when the people we love were still with us. These old antlers on the wall...well, take a seat, my friend, and I'll tell you all about them." -Rev. Zeke Pipher

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141201_072505.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	10850

Shot this doe at first light this morning! One down hopefully a couple more to go. Going back to the same spot in the morning, prolly pack a lunch and sit all day.
    I live life at full draw....

sat prety much all day and only saw 2 before legal light back at it in the morning good luck to everyone out there and i am hunting with a bow still just a dumb question do you have to stop hunting at sunset if you are bowhunting during firearms season or do you still get the half hour after

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeard View Post
    Darn, you ruined some meat! Congrats. Miserable day to be gun hunting in Ohio, rain all day. I stayed in the house and worked, heck with that, I don't need a second doe that bad!
    Turned out not to be so bad. Only lost the bottom of the off shoulder right above the knee cap. Thought it was going to be worse but after deboning it wasn't as bad as expected. Now if I could see a buck... Heading to my cabin Friday morning and staying till Tuesday. Unfortunately we can't hunt on Sunday.
    I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me. ~ Ted Nugent

Nice view! Better than my lonely office in Forest Park!

No you can hunt half hour after sunset even with a gun now

Quote Originally Posted by compoundhunter View Post
    No you can hunt half hour after sunset even with a gun now
    I think you mean half hr past sun rise, not sun set? half hr after sun set is most states legak cut off time per day?
    not the starting time, unless your a poacher LOL
    OR maybe coyote hunting, but most states close fater sun set hunting during deer rifle season, to prevent poaching/cover up

No in Ohio you can hunt, bow and gun, you can hunt 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset.
    I live life at full draw....

Nice doe Zach, congrats
    I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me. ~ Ted Nugent

Congrats on the doe Zach!!!!!

Thread Information