Athletic Greens
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go week vacation

Saw another small buck at 10 today. My buddy missed a six pt and saw 3 bucks and two does before lunch.
    I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me. ~ Ted Nugent

ran down to cabela's today and seen 11 dead bucks on the side of the road between my place and theer abouyt a 40 mile drive
    so seems like there on the move and getting hit??

so hang in tghere this cold front next few days again, should be to your advantage! between them looking for food before the storm and the rut?
    good time to be in the woods!

Saw a spike yesterday afternoon. Cold all day today snow starting at 9. It feels like a great time to be in the woods. Wind chill at 25 degrees it should be a great day
    I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me. ~ Ted Nugent

Out last night and never saw a deer. I was in a stand that never has dissappointed ... kid that was on other side of property saw three does... under no pressure. I thought for sure the cold front would get them going strong.

Its lock down time!! This is a great article for hunting the lock down phase of the rut.http://www.foremosthunting.com/Deer/...eLockdown.aspx
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Well this happened. Thought it was a decent doe. Turns out it was a button buck with nothing showing. 13 yards shot. 30 yard track job. Only deer all morning.

I did the same thing last year during gun season. Thought it was a nice doe and when I found it I realized it was a button buck. Someone told me after I shot it that if you see what looks like a doe all by itself then it is typically a button buck. I had never heard that but seems to hold true in this case too. Good news is he still will fill your fridge and you won't waste him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    I did the same thing last year during gun season. Thought it was a nice doe and when I found it I realized it was a button buck. Someone told me after I shot it that if you see what looks like a doe all by itself then it is typically a button buck. I had never heard that but seems to hold true in this case too. Good news is he still will fill your fridge and you won't waste him.
    I agree 100 percent with that, the does will drive off their fawn if it happens to be a button buck to prevent inner breeding.
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Up at my cabin the deer are pretty thin. Its not too unusual to see a lone doe. But short shot short track job. Butcher work starts after the afternoon hunt

Well some times things happen,
    I have seen many doe alone, same with buttonbucks its hunting season,
    its not uncommon for a doe to have got killed, by hunter or car, to leave year lying all alone.
    look at like this, smaller deer make for easier dragging out, and hey, can be a lot better eating, so?? Lol .
    so all's well in my book
    congrats on th kill tomorrow should be a great day to be out there , after tonights storm.

Thread Information