Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go week vacation

hang in there better temps are coming, so is a big front
    never got above 50 here today and was foggy all day
    had a BUNCH of doe and button bucks in the yard today from about 1pm till dark
    so they were moving here, but NO bigger bucks, ?? funny too, as some of the doe here are HUGE, would think some bigger buck would be following them, but nope??
    not yet!

Good luck! Keep the updates coming. What part of Ohio? I was out on Monday (Belmont County) and saw more Turkey than deer. Cold front should help. Still have not seen any Rut action in my area, but I also hunt public land, so may be there, just not in my honey hole....

I'm in Geauga County and I've seen very little Rut action as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	10815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	10814Went out this morning Ashtabula Co. windy and 67 Degrees. saw 0 deer. I put camera over new scrape I only had a doe with her nose in it and stood over it. saw about 6 new rubs in area I am hunting. what's up with that bucks around my area are acting like it is the middle of Oct. and, the Doe are acting like it is a typical day in the woods. I still can't get a pic of the big boy I am after near my swamp stand. 4 yrs. ago the big one I shot never got a pic. on camera until he made the mistake of putting his nose in my mock scrape. I hope the cold weather and snow they predict for Thurs. and Fri. turns things around here.

Went out this afternoon and had 2 little doe and a mom walk by me. They were by themselves and just like Buckhunter30-06 said - "Doe are acting like it is a typical day in the woods." Anyone else think that it could be later this week or first of next week before things pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jwright View Post
    Went out this afternoon and had 2 little doe and a mom walk by me. They were by themselves and just like Buckhunter30-06 said - "Doe are acting like it is a typical day in the woods." Anyone else think that it could be later this week or first of next week before things pick up?
    Went last night, only seen a mamma and her twins... feeding in my standing beans for 1/2 hour or so. I can't figure it out. Have a nice buck on camera from sunday a.m. at 9:30, neck huge, rutted up. Other than that, NO RUT ACTIVITY here in Greene County, but, more scrapes than I've seen i years... What gives ??

I HOPE IT TURNS UP TODAY, IT HAS TO, BIG BOYS ARE ON CAMERA AT NIGHT ONLY.....BUT DAYLIGHT SHOWING HAS TO BE SOON.... good luck guys

It is game on today!!! Im in Forest county pa. I had a small buck a 4 or 6 come through at 40 yards at 730 he was moving with a purpose so i didnt get a good look. The temp with wind chill is about 30. My buddy already saw 2 bucks and 2 doe as of 815 am. It is getting good. Good luck boys.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by Jwright View Post
    It could be that the doe you seen has already been bred and she will be back with her fawns and acting normal.
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Saw two small bucks and a decent 8 last night... all within the last hour of legal hunting. I too am thinking the cooler weather will get things rolling today. Neighbor shot a nice heavy 8pt yesterday morning at 8:15. Said he was cruising... not chasing .

Thread Information