Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the world is going on!

What is the world is going on!

I have no idea what is going on my does act like they aren't even close to coming into Estrous. Last night 0 deer sightings and sat from 11AM til sundown this morning I get in my stand at 530 I jumped a bunch of deer in the field while I was parking walked back a half mile to my tree stand and all I saw was 5 does and they didn't even seem like they were worried about anything chasing them. How late is my rut going to be!

Where are you located? I am in NE Ohio and I haven't had much action yet. Yesterday I saw my first signs with a BUCK chasing but other than that just Bucks roaming. I have seen other Does that are carrying on like nothing is going on.

I am located just west of Columbus, ohio . I heard a lot of bleating last night when it was getting dark . And drove in this morning and there were two bucks together in the field . I don't get it

well, the rut doesn't always be wild hot and action filled
    a TON of how the rut works, depends on your deer heard and its buck to doe ratio's
    if you have a ton of deer, and a ton of doe
    it can almost seem like NO rut action at all, unless your lucky to see that od bock chasing a hot doe
    next will be weather, if its warm, or?? many times most of the breedinga ction takes place in teh day time
    then theer will be hunting pressure
    if you have a lot of hunting pressure, that can make the deer also be very nocturnal , and as such again, the rut action will seem slower than it might really be
    then again, if your deer herd is used to human contact, they can adjust to humans, and wander about care free LOL

the rut isn';t always as you see on TV shows!
    and it doesn't always be hot all over a state at teh same time, many times, just traveling a few miles can change the timing of things!

Quote Originally Posted by bflem55 View Post
    I am located just west of Columbus, ohio . I heard a lot of bleating last night when it was getting dark . And drove in this morning and there were two bucks together in the field . I don't get it
    According to staff at a Richwood, OH deer processor, the rut has been going on already for at least a week. But your observations match mine, as it seems a bit slow.

I'm in the Wayne County and it seems very slow around here as well!!

Monday November 3rd was the first I have seen any chasing. That was in Morgan county. Small buck, the doe didn't want anything to do with him. It's only going to get better!! A lot of bigger bucks on my trail cams are moving around 4-5am.

I hunt in Ashtabula Co. near Pa line. very slow here also. Sat for me saw no bucks cruising or chasing. My son who hunts Pa had 6 Doe in a field by his stand in the morning and no bucks around. he said they didn't even act like a rut was going on. a lot of times one Doe will come into Estrous and every buck around is after her. That is sometimes why it may be slow were you are at. If the doe never presents her self near your stand. just keep plugging away at it and it will get better.

On my hunt Friday morning when my wife and I doubled up. We didn't see any does but the bucks were certainly responding to the grunt calls and the bleats. We called in 4 different bucks in the short time we were out there. We are here in Tuscarawas County.

Same story in my part of NE Ohio as well. Still lots of night time trail cam pics of bucks and all the standing corn doesn't help either. Should bust wide open here soon.

Thread Information