Thread: need help tracking a deer

need help tracking a deer

Haven't really posted here often but was wondering if anybody had a deer tracking dog available in the Delaware county area? i shot a nice buck this morning and lost the blood trail after 300 yards. Thanks! I was on your tracking thread but i can't get a hold of either of the ones that were on there.

Tracking a buck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	603699_858029764228128_6516155777897384015_n.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	10801I don't know anyone with a tracking dog but can tell you from experience look at a water source such as a water hole, creek, etc. I have found deer laying in a creek after it was shot. deer get a fever when shot and need to drink often. Mon. night my grandson a 10yr old mentor hunter shot a 4pt. his 1st buck with his other grandfather in the stand with him. On Tue. morning 4 of us did a grid search and found nothing. I started looking from a ravine where a creek ran and about 200yds I found the buck laying in the small creek. I am on the left of the Pic. and his other grandfather on the right. the smile on my grandson's face tells the rest of the story. P.S. I found my son's 1st 6pt. buck the same way look for a water source.

theres a few guys on here that do that and might know someone by you, good luck...tracking dogs are on here somewhere

Thread Information