Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Hunt!!!!! 2 Bucks Down!!!!!

Awesome Hunt!!!!! 2 Bucks Down!!!!! Pics and Story Added!!!!!

God has truly blessed me this year. My wife and I both shot bucks this morning. She shot a 3 1/2 year old 9 point. I shot a 5 1/2 year old 7 pointer. The 7 pointer is a hit list buck. He is a cull buck or management deer. I could have waited for one of my big boys but with the way I feel after the fall I had 11 days ago I am more than happy to put this buck down and get after the big boys next year. I am thankful for even being able to get back out there. I probably sent my pain level back up to an 8 or 9 but that is the way I am. I will post the pics and tell the story later. It is one of the craziest hunts I have ever had. I think you all will agree with me too.
    Last edited by ManOfTheFall; 11-08-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Motf I think you need a new huntin buddy...me, lol. You've had one heck of a season Ay! Congrats to you and your wife. Can't wait to see pics.
    I live life at full draw....

congrats glad to see you are feeling better

well congrats, and hunting is more than killing buig one's
    its all about enjoying it! what ever way that is, is a personal deal
    sounds like your happy
    so, thats all that should matter!
    again congrats to both of you's

Here is my 7 pointer. He has an 18" inch inside spread and 9" inch G-2's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cullbuck1.jpg   cullbuck2.jpg   cullbuck3.jpg   cullbuck5.jpg  

Here are pics of my wife's 9 pointer. She never gets her pics with the deer so I am in these too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wifes9 4.jpg   wifes9 5.jpg   wifes9 6.jpg   wifes9 2.jpg   wifes9 3.jpg  

Congrats! Way to power thru adversity.

My wife always benefits when we hunt or I hunt myself no matter what. We were sitting in stands about 60 yards apart. My wife never uses any calls or puts any scent out or anything. We always hunt in fairly close proximity so she never really has to anyways. We get settled in our stands about 6:25 this morning. I started doing some grunting and bleating a little before 7 o'clock. Within a few minutes of my calling this 9 pointer comes in from behind me. I didn't want to shoot him so my wife would probably take him out anyways. She is more of a meat hunter anyways. I watch him venture over her way and she let's him have it at 7:10. He walks back my way and I could see she hit him way back. He went about 30 yards and laid down. I could see he was bleeding pretty heavily though. Thank goodness for the 2 inch rage because it caught that artery. He got back up after a smaller buck came through then laid down again about 10 yards from the first spot he laid down. I kept an eye on him and he finally died about 7:40. I saw another buck about 7:50 but he was a smaller one too. After he cleared the area I told her we would take care of her buck and head home. I gut him out and we only had a little over 100 yards to drag him and it was all down hill. We get down to the car and I wanted to get some more pics so she took some more with me and her buck. As I was walking around the car to the other side I see this buck that looked pretty decent walking through the woods. I got in the car and got my crossbow out and grabbed my grunt call and I said stay over there but watch this. I let out a couple grunts and a couple doe bleats and waited to see what was going to happen. I didn't think anything would happen. I lost sight of him in the thick brush but then I saw him coming to the edge of the woods. Here I am in the wide open beside my car with a dead buck laying behind it and out pops this 7 pointer that I had targeted as a management buck. I could not pass up this opportunity. I would find out how my new crossbow would do at longer distances. He was 40 yards but he was broadside with nothing in my way. I let it fly and he went down immediately. The 2 inch rage clipped the bottom of his spine so I walked up and finished him off with one in the chest. My season is over but I can definitely say it had it's ups and downs, literally. Even though I did not get the big bucks I had targeted on my list, I had a blessed season. This is the second straight year I took a management buck. Next year Mr. Big is going down. Happy hunting and be safe!!!!!

That's AWESOME, and well deserving for someone who went thru what you did. to even get back out there let alone shoot a buck, and on top of that a buck for your wife. Hope to see pics. soon. congrats.

Good for you, great bucks by both you and your wife, and to be able to do that so soon after your accident is awesome. Congrats to both of you.

David

Thread Information