Thread: Getting Over Wounded Deer and Deer Activity

Threaded View

14 pointer! Do you know if you bumped him when you were tracking him? If not I would be back out there tracking, get some buddies and do a grid search. You say your hunting a Creek bottom, is there water in the creek or any part of it. If so make sure you check in the water as good as possible, they say run for water when they are hit and he may be laying dead in the creek. Also is the corn still standing? If you feel you got a good hit on him, you could see how much a tracking dog would run you, another option I've heard of guys using is try to find someone with a small helicopter. For the cost of fuel and a few extra dollars they might be willing to help you out. It sounds kind of extreme but if he's a big enough deer I think it would be well worth it. Anyways back to the question at hand, no I don't think that you have ruined that spot. I'm guessing you didn't track through there with an army covered in trash scent. I agree with whodey this time of year deer travel so much you never know. I would get back out there, you can bet that if a big 14 pointer feels comfortable enough to run that area there's more big deer that do to. Just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by zachc; 11-05-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    I live life at full draw....

Thread Information