Thread: Tell Me About Your Weekend!!!!!

Hybrid View

Tell Me About Your Weekend!!!!!

Since I have been injured an unable to hunt I need you guys to give me some good updates on what is going on out there in the deer woods. It has to be heating up out there but I haven't heard of too many people getting anything yet other than a buck here or there and sightings. I still have a good amount of pain after my fall but I am hoping it will subside enough for me to hit the stand in the latter part of the week. Good luck to you all and let's hear the updates.

Well , let's see?
    I had about 20 gray squirrels in the back yard all weekend, 4 doe, 2 bears, a red fox, a possisum, 6 raccoons, lots of doves, and small birds LOL
    seen them all from my couch too Haha
    had snow flurries on Friday and all day on Sunday, rain Friday too, and 30 plus MPH winds all weekend, Sunday was a high of 36 degree's too
    still haven't seen a buck in the yard in a while? Even with the doe here off and on all day, eating apples
    odd too, as normally have a few that come and eat apple if nothing else, think the high winds are making them more nervous than normal

Well, Sat. morning all I got was wind and rain. I had to attend my grand daughters fund raiser Sat. night so I didn't get out, but by the looks of the weather didn't miss much. Sun. was a different story I saw 3 bucks a spike, a 6pt. and a small 8pt. all cruising, none chasing. I also saw a big doe with her little one so she wasn't in Estrous yet. this stand is what I call my swamp stand. I went to another stand Sun. evening 0 deer should of stayed where the action was. O well live and learn. hope you get better soon.I know it's got to be killing you being at home when the rut is coming on but hang in there and get better and I will be looking for a pic of you and a big buck soon. Good Luck.

BUCKHUNTER30-06 I just left a post in the 2014 rut activity link. Saturday I had a few deer roaming and a buck just hanging out with them but Sunday was a whole different story.

Hunted yesterday afternoon. All I saw was a spike running around like it was sick or something.

From the post I am reading and what I am hearing from just about everywhere it hasn't fully busted loose yet. I am hoping late week I will be able to get out in the stand cause it seems like maybe I can hit it just right.

Hunted Fri night, Sat, Sun a.m. - Lots of movement Friday night. One guy in camp had four does literally milling around under his stand. He took like 15 mins of video on his phone. He was so caught up in video - when he looked up there a small buck in front of him also watching the does ( not a shooter). Saturday - we got busted walking in and with the wind - only saw a few small ones. Sunday we were hopeful, having only a morning hunt planned ( family stuff) saw a Doe and her two yearlings pass us out of range, 15 mins later a coyote running the exact same line! I shut it down after that. Good sightings, no RUT activity noticed, but the cold front did have em movin....

Thread Information