Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gonna be a lot of big deer taken Sunday morning!

Well Sun. as I thought was a different story. I saw a spike, 6pt, and a small 8pt. all cruising not chasing. I also saw a big doe with her little one so she was not in Estrous yet. this weekend they should start chasing.

Downed buck no recovery

Shot a monster 12 point yesterday morning. Quartering away to right side at 20 yards. Hit him behind the shoulder about level with upper shoulder arrow didn't pass through tracked him for 200 yards with little blood then lost the trail. Can't find him :-(

Track man, on the Ohio Sportsman website has a great rep.

Does he have a website or anything? Does he use a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by bflem55 View Post
    Shot a monster 12 point yesterday morning. Quartering away to right side at 20 yards. Hit him behind the shoulder about level with upper shoulder arrow didn't pass through tracked him for 200 yards with little blood then lost the trail. Can't find him :-(
    Try to hire a guy with a tracking dog. I don't think their that much and it would be well worth it to get your hands on him.
    I live life at full draw....

You must have posted that while I was typing. Anyways there is a deer tracking help forum on the home page. I would check that out.
    I live life at full draw....

I know where that is, great area for deer! Good luck!
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

bflem55, My grandson 10 yrs old shot a 4pt. 1st buck on Mon. couldn't find it Mon. night. 4 of us looked Tue, morn. did a grid search nothing. I then followed a creek looking down from a small ravine I found the buck laying in the small creek. 300 yds from where he shot it. years ago my sons 1st buck with a bow was lost out of a standing corn field no more blood. I told him to stay at the last blood and I searched up and down the creek and found his buck almost laying in the creek. when a deer gets wounded they get a fever and want to drink a lot so if you have any creeks or watering holes always check there if you lose the blood trail.

bflem55, did you find your buck??? just wondering

i didnt i think it was just a muscle wound

Thread Information