Thread: Bad News!!! I fell from my tree stand.

Hybrid View

I hear you on not doing some times what we all know we should, and rolling the dice
    I have fallen, out of about 7-8 tree stands over the yrs, l;ast one was back in the mid 90's
    long befroe harness's were about
    I was lucky too, between all my yrs of racing MX bikes and I guess learning how to relax in a fall
    I never really got hurt
    I did fall once out of a home made stand my cousin made and landed on him, and broke his arm LOL

but all them yrs ago when again we made stands out of even tree branches, and they came apart FAST
    I learned that its always better to stop using a stand before it goes south
    as they say live abnd learn
    and some times getting hurt, is alesson we never forget!

I know it might not sound too good to say this but you really could have broken your back and never hunt from a tree stand again. sure hope you get better soon and back out there. any one taking 3 weeks off for hunting is a dedicated hunter in my book. hope to see a pic of you with a buck soon. Good Luck.

Glad your doing "ok" considering!! I have a good friend at work whos father died from a fall a few years back and what a terrible scenario. I know i dont have to tell you, but be thankful for the condition your in, and this should serve as an immediate reminder for myself and all the others on this page how much more careful we should be during our adventures afield. Again, glad your somewhat well!! And hope it isnt too long before your getting back at it. Prayers.

Thread Information