Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad News!!! I fell from my tree stand.

Hey, just remember Ohio has a LONG bow season, so you will have time to get a big one too imagine if you were here in Pa, where the season ends in second week of nov.
    and is only 6. Weeks long!
    count your blessings LOL

Yes, and I love the late season hunts.

Gotta wear those safety belts and not leave stands in trees for a long time without checking them. Glad you are ok. I learned the hard way too, but with more consequences.

Did anyone get out this weekend? Thought I might be seeing some bucks fall. I will not be able to get out the early part of the week but if my pain level continues to improve maybe in the latter part of the week I may be able to get out. I am going stir crazy sitting at home while the rut is on. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Sorry to hear that man. This is my first year hunting in a non ladder stand full time and its about 22ft up as well. I couldn't imagine falling. Hope you get better soon!
    "Get busy huntin' or get busy dyin"

I just seen your last post. I went out Sunday and got my first bow kill. It was just a doe but I did see some smaller bucks with their noses to the ground moving around. Nothing super crazy here in SW Ohio but its coming!
    "Get busy huntin' or get busy dyin"

I see the doctor again on Wednesday. I am having more x-rays and he is going to reassess my injuries. Even though I am still in quite a bit of pain the thing that is driving me crazy is the amount of swelling I have. Anyways I hope you are all getting some time to get out there it seems like from here on out to this next week or so is definitely the time to be out there. Good Luck!!!!!

Feel better.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I am doing and feeling better but not well enough to get back in the stand just yet.

My wife isn't going to like it, but as of right now I am planning my return to the stand on Friday and Saturday. It should be two very good days in the woods. There are also some other factors that may override this. The first will be my pain level. Right now I think I am at about 50 percent. With it coming down each day I am hoping to be at 75 percent by Friday. I also have a doctor's appointment today that could sway my decision one way or the other. So, I'm hoping for a good report. The other good thing is I am the only guy hunting my 2 different spots so there shouldn't have been any other people out there for nearly 2 weeks. I am stoked to get back out there.

Thread Information