Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad News!!! I fell from my tree stand.

Hybrid View

I definitely know how lucky I am. If I feel like I do now, I think it may be as early as next week and I can be back out there. Hopefully I get good reports from the surgeon today and Friday. In the mean time you guys pull together and pick me up and shoot some big ones!!!!!

I got good news from the doctor. He said besides the fractured tail bone, he believes I just have very deep thigh and shoulder bruising. He said I can do things as I feel comfortable doing them but doesn't want me going back to work until December 1st. I was off til the 14th anyways so that only leaves 2 weeks after that. I don't see myself getting back out there this week but I think next week is a definite possibility.

well glad nothing major
    But I wouldn';t push it, going back too soon, can some times do more harm than good
    injuries many times take time, and just time to heal
    over stretching or?? stressing a muscle that is already weak, can rwsult in a bigger problem
    see it happen a few times over the yrs
    drawing a bow and holding it, and or climbing a tree uses a lot more muscles than you might think
    but hey, your an adult, and its your body LOL
    just go easy
    and best of luck when you do get back out there!

Unfortunately mrbb you are right on. I am already going crazy and it's only been three days since I've been in the stand. i guess the thing that makes it so bad is the timing of it all. I wait for this 3 week period all year then bam, I can't even go out. I know my health is more important and I am probably just spouting off at the mouth and wishful thinking. My wife is threatening to hide all my hunting stuff so I can't go out. I did reassure her that if I truly feel I can't handle it I am not going to be stupid and go out. I definitely enjoy reading about everyone else's hunts and their success and frustrations. Maybe this year I will have to live off of that. So, everyone get out there and shoot big one's and post pictures so I can at least enjoy that. But if I truly feel I can get out there without doing any further injury to my self, you know where I will be. So, everyone, shoot a big one for me and pray for me that I get back out there as soon as possible that I to may take part in one of the best harvest years ever!!!!!

Hey, just remember Ohio has a LONG bow season, so you will have time to get a big one too imagine if you were here in Pa, where the season ends in second week of nov.
    and is only 6. Weeks long!
    count your blessings LOL

Yes, and I love the late season hunts.

If I do shoot a big one it will just take a simple call. Everyone knows I will be calling if I get one.

Great to hear the Doc has cleared you! Great timing too. Please continue to share your story - it may save someone else from a serious injury or worse. Now get a MONSTER.... could end up being the "season of destiny"....

First off, super glad to hear you survived that type of fall. The Good Lord was definitely looking out for you. Also sounds like you take responsibility and know what you did wrong.

Please, everyone learn from this. No harness and leaving the stand out for 18 years is suicide. Get a harness, wear it every time and take down your stands and inspect them every season.

Thread Information