Thread: Public land question

Public land question

Anyone know of a place close to Logan known as Tick wildlife area. I was at a store last night and was talking to someone and he mentioned this place.
    The public land I hunt has over half the area closed. Says it will be closed for a few years. Me and the boy are looking.
    Thanks for any help

I have checked the ODNR site and other places. I can't find anything listed by that name. Again thanks

Never heard of it maybe it is a nick name or something

I agree with 00buck.....probably a nickname or something..I have never hear of it either..Maybe you should go back and ask the guy again? Dunno...Good luck though

Doesn't sound like a very nice place lol.

True Bushman..lol
    I meet the guy at a sporting goods store. We were talking hunting and he just mentioned the place.
    Thanks everyone

I looked on the ODNR website with no luck. There is a Kinnikinnick Wildlife Area about 25 miles from Logan OH. Lol I don't even want to try and pronounce that possibly tick is the nickname.

my suggestion would be to contact the area you want to hunt in, and talk to that local game warden, and ask them whgere would be a good place to get public access, also try park rangers offices in same area
    and heck, you can ask both of these folks about any possible land owners with crop damage that MIGHT allow hunters access if they ask
    many times they have lists(or many states game dept do)
    you can also try buying a good delorme map, they will show you public hunting area's that are state or federally owned, and there great maps to have on hand, new one's have GPS points on them, and great tools for a hunter!

Thanks mrbb all valid points.
    I have a pn-20 with the maps. Mine only shows federal land. It's been awhile since I was on Delorme Web site maybe there might be a new up-date for it.
    I just became lazy heck I've taken so many deer out of that 1 tree I didn't need to work that hard.
    Thanks for all the help

this is the map I am talking about, there BIG, like 2 ft by 15 inches per page and open there wider than that, very detailed maps

http://www.amazon.com/Ohio-Atlas-Gaz.../dp/0899332811

Thread Information