Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Vacation!!!!!

Hunting Vacation!!!!!

How many of you guys take vacation time for hunting? I take three weeks every year. It's usually like the last week or so of October and the first 2 weeks of November. I get a lot of vacation time on my job so I am able to take other time off as well to keep the wife happy. I get 33 days of paid vacation every year.

I wish I had that much time. you picked the right time for archery season. I only get 2 weeks and 3 personal days.1 week is eaten up for our shut down every year. we have to use the 1 week for shut down in July. so I end up with only 1 week and 3 personal days. I work 2nd shift so come Oct 31st on, I will be in the woods in the mornings.

I have been able to do this for about the past 5 or 6 years now. I love it!!!!! Everyone I work with knows this is my time so they don't mess with it.

I too have quite a bit of vacation I usually roll over/carry 200-250 hours at all times with work. But I take a lot of time off for various things. Mostly though it is to to turkey hunting/ fishing in the spring, I take 4-5 days to go to my cabin at the end of the PA archery season and then 3-4 days to go to my cabin for rifle season and a day of two for the rifle opener to hunt close to home. So yea I take some time to go hunting. Most of my time off is around hunting season.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

Well for about 20 yrs i used to work extra hrs and jobs , so I could take off 3 months a yr to hunt, and did so from Oct till Jan almost every yr
    minus a few days I had to go in
    now last 5 yrs I have been off every day now
    but yes I always use vacation time for hunting season
    everyone at work was glad too, as most ran out of vacatiob time by sept, and over time was less come fall
    and me leaving to hunt gave them the Ot I used to always get Lol
    so worked out well for me

I'm lucky enough to bank vacation til hunting season. I've been off work since Sept. 26th and will be off til Dec. 5. Then a week more the first week of Jan. A beautiful thing. Very relaxing!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt
    “In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I'd guess most guys on this forum use a lot of vaca days for hunting...i use most of mine for hunting/fishing...i often wonder what people that don't hunt or fish do with all of their vacation days??? :) Or maybe if i would tag out early one year i could really bank a lot of days! Nahhhhh i'd just find another state to hunt...Headed to Ohio tomorrow! Stoked! can't wait!...shoot straight!
    Will hunt for food...will work for beer.
    Leave'r Right There!

Finally have a job that allows vacation through out bow season. Off November 6 -13....

38 days this year starting the 31st!

Wish I could do the same work has been very busy I guess it's that time of year people need heat

Thread Information