OK so I am not really a fan of watching hunting shows
BUT today/ this morning was killing some time and watched one

about 15 minutes the hunt, a BOW hunter took a quartering to shot, QUESTION that call right there , as deer was NOT alert or seemed to have a clue the hunter was there, hunter even stated so? was at 15 yards(per what hunter said) yet took a shot angle, he then states he shouldn't have taken??
and this is a deer over a bait eating , not nervous at all, JUST a matter of time to get a better angle, IF he waited!
OK so maybe excitement got the better?? ( but again this is a so called Pro hunter though???)
he decides to wait after the shot!(I agree lol)
they flash back and forth to him in the tree, and then an interview type Q&A on the deal!
in the tree he states,"ranged him at 15 yards
in interview he states, shot him at 22 yrds??
love how that distance changes , from tree to interview!
HUMM< come on its TV< they cannot edit and have the same answer?? as I doubt the distance really changed from shot to interview LOL
Maybe if its a longer shot it more justify's the poor hit, or that seems to be what they seem to try to sell some times! or??

next he says we waited 3 hrs(in the tree)
in interview he says , we waited 4+ hrs?
again how can say question have two answers??

OK< at first he says we?? not sure how a shot can be made by a WE, only one shooter
but says We made a bad hit
then says has super heavy blood trail??
deer only went like 75 yrds??

HUMM??
next they get to deer and its as stiff as a board won't bend at all!
has like 3-4 inch bases at most and they claim it to be a 4+ yr old buck(maybe scored about 130 inches IF this)
love how every buck they kill HAS to said to be a very mature buck???
just be honest, and say its a NICE buck, not sure how old!, don't lie!~

I have killed a LOT of deer in my life time, and NEVER had one stiff as a board in 4 hr from the time I killed it

has anyone else?? maybe the couple hundred deer I killed have all been freaks of nature and I am wrong here??

so, again, I found TV hunting shows to be full of Crap, and to be honest, showing piss poor judgement call on shot taken, just to get a kill on TV!
By a hunter as far as I am conserned if a PRO , at making up stuff as he oes along, and cannot even match what he repeats in saying
SAD!
and why I prefer NOT to watch shows !

does things like this in hunting shows deter watching them to anyone else??