Thread: yv hunting shows

Hybrid View

I honestly tend NOT to watch them, just never found many shows to be what REAL hunting is like for most folks!
    but seems like there are so many shows out there these days, and SOMEONE must be watching them to keep them in business

do most hunters these days really buy into what they be a saying I guess is my question??

and I also agree, the best time to hunt is when you have the time
    heck with the wind the weather or rut non rut??
    I've killed deer in every kind of weather there is and some days wearing cloths I just worked in(due to no time to change)
    many folks over think things I guess?

OR due to these TV shows think they have to have"X" to hunt!
    Sad in my book!
    hunting USED to be all about fun, and personal challanges
    now its about fame/size and selling crap!, or thats all TV shows seem to push

I'll be honest I don't mind watching them, but here the last couple years I've noticed that a lot of hunting shows just don't spark my interest anymore. At least most of the "Big name" shows. Sure if your not a real bow hunter they are a blast to watch cuz you don't really know better. But if you're a serious bow hunter its very easy to catch yourself "nit-picking" things like this...which I agree mrbb and do the same thing. I will watch them but more for just entertainmentppurposes nowadays. I do love watching "real life" hunters though. Guys that are not sponsored by 5,000 companies and are just good ole down home boys. One of my favorites is Slunger Hollow. We picked up one of their DVDs years ago at the deer and turkey expo when they were a pretty small production company and they produce a DVD every year, all fair chase Ohio hunts and over time they have only gotten more experienced and produced better DVDs. There are several others out there like this and I love watching these guys hunt cuz you or at least I can tell they hunt just like me and you. Just my opinion...
    I live life at full draw....

Thread Information