Thread: Fall Turkey ?

Fall Turkey ?

ok guys need some help here where should I be taking a shot on a turkey with a bow...missed twice from 18 foot in the air but haven't spooked them they keep coming back...maybe 3rd time will get it done... resited my bow it was off maybe that will help at least I can hope...thanks for your help Sherry

ps: already have meat in freezer took a doe, now in search for a buck or not... hope everyone else is having good luck and being safe...
    I don't care who you are, but when your in the woods and it turns pitch black, your mind can really play tricks on you expecially when you don't know the woods. :001_07:

The turkey vitals are very small. Dont try to aim for the head as a turkey's head never stays still. The link is to a pretty good representation on where to aim with a bow.

http://www.ryankirbyillustration.com...hot_angles.jpg
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I agree with above, BUT I would also add, I would recommend one of the larger Turkey type broadheads out there to be used to help increase the kill odds, several brands out there these days that make turkey heads

I agree as well, definitely a lot small target to hit especially if your shooting at the head. But keep on shootin'. 3rd times a charm...
    I live life at full draw....

Quote Originally Posted by JeepGirl View Post
    ok guys need some help here where should I be taking a shot on a turkey with a bow...missed twice from 18 foot in the air but haven't spooked them they keep coming back...maybe 3rd time will get it done... resited my bow it was off maybe that will help at least I can hope...thanks for your help Sherry

ps: already have meat in freezer took a doe, now in search for a buck or not... hope everyone else is having good luck and being safe...
    Post the pic of that doe

Anyone else doing any fall turkey huntin?
    I live life at full draw....

Id love to have another opportunity at a fall turkey with my bow. Haven't found turkeys yet this year.

If they happen to walk by while I am in the tree deer hunting I will let it fly I have the broad head with me for them

Nothing like waiting till almost the last min, but after 4 misses with the bow and almost giving up.... I finally got a turkey on Thanksgiving day around 2:00pm...had to use 12 gauge though...It sure will taste good deep fried around Christmas time...Thanks for your help guys!!!
    I don't care who you are, but when your in the woods and it turns pitch black, your mind can really play tricks on you expecially when you don't know the woods. :001_07:

Thread Information