Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 Rut activity

started see rubs the first week of the season, several scrapes also, rubs from the size of golf balls to this one the size of a quart jar 40 yds from my stand, have not been back in there, waitint for the first of nov.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NCM_0214.jpg  

Mock scrapes

Mjh, no I did not use a dripper I used Hall's lure I bought on e-bay it was a kit with about 5 bottles of lure with different gland lure. 2 were for in the scrape and 2 to put on the over hanging limb. one bottle had doe in estrus in it which I did not use now but, put in refrig. to keep fresh. I also used Tinks power scrape in scrape and Smokey's gland lure on licking stick. I made a video Sun. at the stand I was in of a 6pt. coming in and refreshing my mock scrape and, a 10 sec. video on another camera of a bigger 8pt doing the same thing both using the scrape and licking and chewing the licking branch. I know it is early but both deer seemed interested.

I've often considered trying the Smokeys lure just never ordered any. So it works pretty well?

Mike

I saw a rub and a scrape in Lake County on Monday in addition to a small buck trailing a group of does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJH, I would have to say no complaints about Smokeys lure from me so far but, I did use a combination of Smokeys, Tinks, and Hall's lures for my mock scrapes. I am going back out Sat. morning and will see what happened after I left last Sun. I will pull sd cards on cameras also and freshen the scrapes on Sat. morning after I hunt.

Was out last Monday found several scrapes in two different areas. Was a young buck, scrapes were very small.
    Way to early for rutting. No matter how bad the boys want the party to start the girls say when it does. Same time every year give or take a few days.

Yeah, I agree gonehunting 45 the does control the time when the rut will come. my target date is Oct 31 on. I was coming back from Ohio yesterday about 11:00am and 3 guys were taking pics of a buck on a lawn. All I saw was horns going by. I had to turn around and stop and talked to the guys. the hunter said he shot the deer on Sat. in Girard Pa a 13pt, 8 on one side 5 on the other. great mass and the neck looked like he was all ready in full rut. still Oct 31 and on for me.

Had our second biggest buck on cam in daylight for the 3rd time Saturday morning.. Showed up on cam on south end of property about 7:45.. at 8:30 he was on other end (only about 25 acres total of land) in front of two of my other cams.. Also had a decent 8 on a few cams throughout the day..Not sure if it was just a one day fluke and they'll remain hidden another week or so, if it "its time" to start being in woods constantly.. last handful of years earliest daytime sightings of 2-3 mature bucks a day don't start until Oct. 24ish..

Quote Originally Posted by PSEhunter View Post
    Had our second biggest buck on cam in daylight for the 3rd time Saturday morning.. Showed up on cam on south end of property about 7:45.. at 8:30 he was on other end (only about 25 acres total of land) in front of two of my other cams.. Also had a decent 8 on a few cams throughout the day..Not sure if it was just a one day fluke and they'll remain hidden another week or so, if it "its time" to start being in woods constantly.. last handful of years earliest daytime sightings of 2-3 mature bucks a day don't start until Oct. 24ish..
    Let's see the pics, lol...
    I live life at full draw....

lolol okay??.. Here are two pics of him a few days this past week, followed by one of him at each cam, 45 mins apart Saturday morning.. Bucks were cruising.. So, "heres the pics" cap'n zachClick image for larger version. 

Name:	10170328.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	10739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10170545.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	10740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10180727.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	10741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0859.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	10742...
    Last edited by PSEhunter; 10-20-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Thread Information